GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A pattern emerging?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 13:57
Regular
Look at the history of video games, go on, just a quick look. Now what do you notice. I'll give you a clue, Nintendo. Nintendo have fought against all the top consoles and survived. I'll give you a recent example. Sega went under because they understimated the appeal Sony would have on the casual gamers. And now Sony will go under because they believed everyone that bought a playstation would buy a PS2. Nintendo have remained strong through out (mainly thanks to it's hardcore following) and now will go on to challenge Xbox. And though the majority of Xbox consumers will be PC owners (a HUGE audience), the Gamecube will pull through. What do you think?
Wed 14/11/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Look at the history of video games, go on, just a quick look. Now what do you notice. I'll give you a clue, Nintendo. Nintendo have fought against all the top consoles and survived. I'll give you a recent example. Sega went under because they understimated the appeal Sony would have on the casual gamers. And now Sony will go under because they believed everyone that bought a playstation would buy a PS2. Nintendo have remained strong through out (mainly thanks to it's hardcore following) and now will go on to challenge Xbox. And though the majority of Xbox consumers will be PC owners (a HUGE audience), the Gamecube will pull through. What do you think?
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:01
i dont really understand anything you said. then again it is me :D. if youre trying to tell everybody your a ninty fair enough
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:04
Regular
The N64 flopped, only the Gameboy and Pokemon kept Nintendo going, dont't forget that.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The thing is, is that people who bought the PS1 WILL buy a PS2, as the games that they like are on the new system, along with many more and the ability to play their old games.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think, despite the fighting here, each console has it's core audience and they all have a place.

Nintendo is geared towards the younger audience and has the corner on the kid market.

Sony has the "cool" image and gets the disposable income target groups of 16-30yr olds.

Xbox will get the PC owners (usually 20+) that maybe dont like consoles because they are "for kids".

I don't think any of these companies need worry too much to be honest.
And when you talk of history, Sega folding is not surprising in the least.
They make good games but crap console support.
Saturn came out, PSX came out. PSX took off, and Saturn would have if Sega cared about Europe, but they don't so few titles appeared over here.
So Sega get the jump by releasing the Saturn a few weeks earlier than PSX, it's a new console and people like the newest thing.

They did the same with the Dreamcast, got in ahead of the PS2 and enjoyed healthy sales.
The came The Daddy.
All those Gen X'ers got one, Sega failed to provide substantial titles outside of Japan/America and people switched consoles.

So Sega concentrating on what they do best, games (regardless of system) means we get the best of both worlds.

Ninty's get their next gen console, Sonyphiles carry on with the PS2 (and after a year, we're seeing the sorts of titles we expect) and Xbox will come and PC gamers will try it out,I know I will.

So everyone wins.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I apologise for the seriousness of that previous post, it shall never happen again.

Er..PS2 smash Nintardo gaycube and Xbox smash all wiv fist
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:13
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I apologise for the seriousness of that previous post, it shall never happen
> again.

Be warned if it does, your being voted for in the next election :D
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Goatboy wrote:
> I apologise for the seriousness of that previous post, it shall never happen
> again.

Er..PS2 smash Nintardo gaycube and Xbox smash all wiv fist

For a second then Goatboy, I was beggining to build up some respect for you. But now it's gone. Gaystation 2, X-Sux and Gamecube, I know who'll win.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
For a second then Goatboy, I was beggining to build up some
> respect for you. But now it's gone. Gaystation 2, X-Sux and Gamecube, I know
> who'll win.

X-Sux!!!!
That's it!
That's the missing pun on the name!
We have Gaycube, Gaystation, Nintardo and now Xsux.

Thanks man, nobody here could come up with a decent pun.
Wed 14/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
Microsofties........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.