GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK Ninty's - The Final Step, And I Need *YOUR* Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/05/03 at 21:51
Regular
I've almost convinced my parents to give me a "loan" of 48 quid for a GC.
The final stages of the transformation of a PCer to a GCer are commencing.

So here's where you come in.

Any ideas how to quickly get some cash?
Give me GOOD reasons why a GC would be good. GOOD remember.
I'm really counting on you lot, and I know you all want me added to the list of Ninty's.
Because you all love me.
*Ahem*

Anyway, yeah, HELP!
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And Halos rubbish.

And I have one memory card Cubist. 16mb. And I have....ooo....enough room for say....... 70 saves. Or more. Probably more

I think thats enough. Alog with my 20 current saves.
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:06
Regular
Yep, but most of the good games on X-Box like Halo will come out on PC so there's no reason to buy one now :)
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:04
Regular
Buffy the Wampire slayer is coming out on Cube, though i'd hardly call that a reason to buy or own a console.

Metroid Prime and Zelda are the only reasons to own the console?

Shows how much your opinion matters then. Tell me, what exactly other than a 2nd rate DVD player and a PC style hard drive has the Bill box got that in your view makes it a more worthwhile purchase than the Gamecube.

I'm not after a console wars argument, just intrested.

I'm tempted by an Xbox, but at the moment other than Halo and a few other games there's nothing that really makes me wanna spend the money.
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Oh I understood the point Azul and I was going to give you some reasons to buy it but in my opinion you'd be better of with a PS2 or X-Box. I love watching my DVDs but I have to go to my "Playroom" which I share with my brother to watch them, I am constantly finding myself deleting memory and buying more memory cards for my Gamecube, I like the game titles but I also like the great game titles such as Halo, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, GTA VC etc Ok the graphics for each console are practically the same and the Gamecube is smaller but that's hardly a hugely redeeming feature. You I like Audi TTs but 4X4 are great too. Keep trying to get the loan if you want but the only good thing I have to say about the Gamecube is that it has Zelda and Metroid Prime on it, which isn't going to keep you interested forever.
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I hope you're on about Cubist.

Anyway, Cubist, you seem to completely missing the point by several miles.
I do want a GC, I want reasons to convince me parents for, shall we say, a "loan" of a bit of cash.
Wed 07/05/03 at 20:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I agree Tilta. The pointed edges might do some damage to his skull.

Should do. Lets try it.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:53
Regular
Yeah it does have other redeeming features.

For example, it's a good missile to throw at foolish nonces....such as yourself.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Get a Gamecube because although it lacks a DVD player and although it lacks a built in hard drive which makes you buy memory cards it has many reedeming features...give me a while and I'll remember them...(god I wish I had a PS2/X-Box)
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> oh so there is a club to become a ninty now? how come no one told me?

Only for me.
Because everyone loves me.
Yup.
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:47
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
oh so there is a club to become a ninty now? how come no one told me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.