GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Watchdog PS2 rant"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
I just watched a couple of hours ago a report on watchdog stating that all Ps2 oners in USA and Europe are having problems with their PS2's after their gaurentee has run out on each console and it will not let and game disc be read.
Sony is ignoring the question "was it a design fault?" and so far I think it was in my own opinion, but I suppose some of you owners out there will say "of course not Sony are GODS".

I will not say anymore since I am not a fanboy, but there will be a fanboy to keep you all on your insulting toes, so come on out Top Score show us what you and your Lexis can do.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:46
"The Will of D."
I just watched a couple of hours ago a report on watchdog stating that all Ps2 oners in USA and Europe are having problems with their PS2's after their gaurentee has run out on each console and it will not let and game disc be read.
Sony is ignoring the question "was it a design fault?" and so far I think it was in my own opinion, but I suppose some of you owners out there will say "of course not Sony are GODS".

I will not say anymore since I am not a fanboy, but there will be a fanboy to keep you all on your insulting toes, so come on out Top Score show us what you and your Lexis can do.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:53
"For the horde!!!!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I will not say anymore since I am not a fanboy, but there will be a
> fanboy to keep you all on your insulting toes, so come on out Top
> Score show us what you and your Lexis can do.

*opens Topscores sound proff cell*

Topscore: da PS2 iz da bezt consolle eva

*swiftly locks Topscore back in*
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
*ahem*

I'll find the news story later but it was something along the lines of Sony getting caught because they were installing timers into their units causing them to stop working a year or so after they were bought.

The warranty no longer applies and the people have to buy a new PS2 :. doubling/trebling Sonys' profits and unit sales.

All you have to do to fix the problem though is to get a screwdriver, gently open the unit up and pull out the small silver device that looks like a motor.

Once you've done this, grab the rest of the console and throw it in the bin.

Link the motor up to 4 wheels and plug it in and you have a car.

More reliable and more fun.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
"8==="
I wondered tonight in the XBOX LIVE, HOW CAN SONY COMPETE? forum if song though people were mugs. This seems further proof that they do. along with how the DVD signals goes green if you upgrade the wire. Pure GOLD sony.

well GOLD is a four letter word.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What's a Lexis?
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
sorry, 'song though' should read 'sony thought'. apologies
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:05
"For the horde!!!!"
phi11ip wrote:
> What's a Lexis?

Perhaps it’s a brand of nappys that Topscore uses.
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:07
Regular
"8==="
its a dyslexics car!
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:34
"For the horde!!!!"
Hedfix wrote:
> its a dyslexics car!

hehe
Wed 07/05/03 at 00:50
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
The ps2 laser problem is huge, I worked in and ran a games shop for the last three months, and the amount of people with dodgy or broken ps2's was ridiculously high.

People don't realise that these things are made on the cheap and as such they put in dodgy cheap components (like the laser)

Ive still got my original ps2, but am on my third laser, damn sony and there yahoo ways!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.