GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can England do it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 04:32
Regular
I don't think England can make it to the semi-final rounds of the World Cup. Their midfield are too new for the international zone. Gerrard is a good midfielder but is not experienced enough to face the blistering midfields of Italy and France.England can't depend on their Beckham all the way. Neither can they always depend on Owen or Scholes all the way. I think that Italy, with the likes of Cannavaro, Totti, del Piero and Inzaghi can make it. They lost to France of 2-1 by two stupis goals.
Sat 17/11/01 at 13:20
Regular
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
but god help us if we get drawn against Argentina. with the new
> superstars such as saviola and samuel coming through i think they may win this
> one.

I dont have any doubt in my mind that argentina will win it. Only some sort of disaster (eg loads of injuries) will stop them from winning it.
Fri 16/11/01 at 20:57
i don't think they'll do that well this cup but it all depends on the groups and draws for quarter finals and semis if we get put in a group with likes of germany, senegol and turkey then we should easily get through to at least quarter finals but god help us if we get drawn against Argentina. with the new superstars such as saviola and samuel coming through i think they may win this one.
Fri 16/11/01 at 16:52
a few well placed bribes...

But seriously it's still fun to believe we can do it
even though I doubt we will do better than 3rd place.
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:59
Regular
"Great Scott's"
It just shows that England are not good enough
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:39
CJ007 wrote:
> England do what?

They have done nothing for the last 35 years.

Do you
> really think we have a chance!

You all need to be taken away by men in white
> coats.

We've come close in recent years, losing by either bad refereeing or just having a close match.

The french won't win again, they are too unpredictable...
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The only England team that will do well is the Under 21's. Unless Sven decides to take half the team with him to Japan and South Korea.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:06
Regular
"Great Scott's"
England do what?

They have done nothing for the last 35 years.

Do you really think we have a chance!

You all need to be taken away by men in white coats.
Wed 14/11/01 at 07:52
Regular
No. Nuff said. Football gits.
Tue 13/11/01 at 21:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Macmanaman is barely ever given a chance though. He's hardly played at all since Keegan and his "I'll structure the entire team around macmanaman" routine, which left him running around with no sense of purpose in his 'floating' role.

Put Macamanaman back on the left for a couple of games. He'll perform.

As for the world cup, England would need a LOT of luck to win it. We have world class players, but not a whole team full of them.

I reckon Spain could do quite well this time round, assuming they have a fully fit squad.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
no I dont think we can do it - France, Italy and Argentina are the best bets!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.