GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can England do it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 04:32
Regular
I don't think England can make it to the semi-final rounds of the World Cup. Their midfield are too new for the international zone. Gerrard is a good midfielder but is not experienced enough to face the blistering midfields of Italy and France.England can't depend on their Beckham all the way. Neither can they always depend on Owen or Scholes all the way. I think that Italy, with the likes of Cannavaro, Totti, del Piero and Inzaghi can make it. They lost to France of 2-1 by two stupis goals.
Tue 13/11/01 at 04:32
I don't think England can make it to the semi-final rounds of the World Cup. Their midfield are too new for the international zone. Gerrard is a good midfielder but is not experienced enough to face the blistering midfields of Italy and France.England can't depend on their Beckham all the way. Neither can they always depend on Owen or Scholes all the way. I think that Italy, with the likes of Cannavaro, Totti, del Piero and Inzaghi can make it. They lost to France of 2-1 by two stupis goals.
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:04
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I think England can make it, but only if they get very lucky, and I'm not talking about in the actual competition. Basically we need three of the young players, looking to break into the squad in the next three months, to play out of their skin and force their way in.

If you remember, four years ago Michael Owen was an unknown, he had hardly played a senior game for England, and yet his form for Liverpool in his first senior season was so sensational that he forced his way, first into the squad, then into the first-team.

In my view there are a few people who can do this. In my view Alan Smith and Robbie Fowler are the only two strikers in the country, apart from Owen, who can play at international level. (I don't count Sheringham, because after this tournament he won't be playing for England, and I don't think he will last an entire season and the tournament as well). If Fowler gets his thumb out of his posterior he could be the answer, but I would love to see Smith get a chance to play. Cole and Phillips have had their chances, Heskey never seems to play well for England, (and hasn't scored for over two months).

On the left of midfield, the enigma that is Steve McManaman still causes us problems. He plays there for Madrid, plays well, gets an England shirt on, and loses it. I think there are a few England youngsters who could claim this position. David Dunn has shown he can play there, Joe Cole could, as could Chadwick. One of them needs to make Sven's mind up for him.

Finally at left-back, Ashley Cole or Wayne Bridge. Two very inexperienced players, but I think Cole will get the nod for playing in Europe with his club, although Bridge is probably the better longer term prospect.

So, if we get lucky, and three of these all have a storming season, charge into the first-team and Sven picks them, then I think we could get to the semi's, or even further. The draw looks to favour us by making us one of the top 8 seeds, so why not?
Tue 13/11/01 at 18:33
Regular
You only have to look at the Greece game to see that England wont make it.

England heavily rely on Beckham and Owen, and without these tow the team does not perform well at all.

Argentina all the way.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:53
Regular
In a word: NO.

Argentina or Italy.
Tue 13/11/01 at 19:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
no I dont think we can do it - France, Italy and Argentina are the best bets!!!
Tue 13/11/01 at 21:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Macmanaman is barely ever given a chance though. He's hardly played at all since Keegan and his "I'll structure the entire team around macmanaman" routine, which left him running around with no sense of purpose in his 'floating' role.

Put Macamanaman back on the left for a couple of games. He'll perform.

As for the world cup, England would need a LOT of luck to win it. We have world class players, but not a whole team full of them.

I reckon Spain could do quite well this time round, assuming they have a fully fit squad.
Wed 14/11/01 at 07:52
Regular
No. Nuff said. Football gits.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:06
Regular
"Great Scott's"
England do what?

They have done nothing for the last 35 years.

Do you really think we have a chance!

You all need to be taken away by men in white coats.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The only England team that will do well is the Under 21's. Unless Sven decides to take half the team with him to Japan and South Korea.
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:39
CJ007 wrote:
> England do what?

They have done nothing for the last 35 years.

Do you
> really think we have a chance!

You all need to be taken away by men in white
> coats.

We've come close in recent years, losing by either bad refereeing or just having a close match.

The french won't win again, they are too unpredictable...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.