GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Major kick in Microsoft's Gonads"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
10 EA sports and EA sports BIG games will feature online support exclusively for PS2.

Ouch. I heard a crunch. MS will have no more children.
Thu 08/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
10 EA sports and EA sports BIG games will feature online support exclusively for PS2.

Ouch. I heard a crunch. MS will have no more children.
Fri 09/05/03 at 01:01
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Personally, I couldn't care less. EA are milkers and trivializers. And I knew it wouldn't be long before they rammed their fingers up SONY's ringpiece. I couldn't care less about them, whether anybody else does concerns me not. Wouldn't buy any of their games if you paid me. They are nothing but masters of mediocrity and scandalous updates.

If I sound like an escaped nut it's because I'm tired :S
Fri 09/05/03 at 08:17
Regular
Ha! Nice one, I don't have to look at LIVE enabled EA games :) EA manage to make even football boring so I couldn't care less whether they make LIVE games or not.
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:57
Regular
"8==="
good! as i've stated elsewhere (in DO EA SUCK forum/thread) EA could lose out to non official games which are simply prepared to go online. I don't care if i'm beckham or gretsky or whatever. I want to play people online!

Good one EA, may it come back to bite you!
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:59
Regular
"8==="
on a further note: serious gamers really have to think long and hard before buying EA games anyway.
Fri 09/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yes I'm sure Microsoft are just about ready to end it all, with the knowledge that they now control the only licences to have online play in sports, what with the biggest Xbox user base being in the USA, where the largest number of Live! subscriber are.

What the actual result for EA will be is falling Xbox sales of their titles whilst MS's 2k range cleans up.

So it's really like EA have shot themselves in the foot...
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:48
Regular
EA had a falling out with Microsoft over online games quite a while ago if I remember correctly.
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yeah, EA wanted to be able to charge their own fees for games rather than let people play them as part of Live!.

Slight thing I forgot to point out with the 2k series - it is multiformat but incorporate Live! play on the Xbox, hence MS get money from that, and there is MS's own Fever range also.
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:09
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> What the actual result for EA will be is falling Xbox sales of their
> titles whilst MS's 2k range cleans up.

You mean Sega's 2k range. Which is also out on PS2.

Haha.. busted.. ;D
Fri 09/05/03 at 19:08
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
If the games suck anywhere near as much as EAs attitude, I won't care anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.