GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart and F Zero movie"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Kart'.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:01
Regular
http://www.cube-europe.com/movies/mariokart.wmv
If you haven't read cube europe yet check it out.
Mon 12/05/03 at 00:04
Regular
There needs to be plenty of unlockables though, secret tracks, characters and lap times to beat and stuff like that.

Mario 64 had very little single player value once you'd completed all the cups and done them all backwards, which didn't take long at all.

Wish you could customise your Kart, adding parts and weapons and stuff but I'm guessing you can't.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:51
Regular
No.

It's a racing game, you race.

Mario Kart 64 was spot on, three championships with three different difficulties, and then another championship to unlock.

Of course, on the GC it would be nice to have at least 6 tracks per championship; and there really should be new battle mode tracks/secret characteres etc to earn when you beat each championship on the hardest setting.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:48
Regular
Alright, but if not a story mode, there should be many, varied and interesting championships and tournaments with different prizes etc. Perhaps a career mode instead of a story mode?
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:44
Regular
Nooooooo

Why the &%$£ would you want a story mode?

That's just gay.

There are new weapons, and character specific ones which is very good. Track editor would be okay but I doubt I would actually use it.

And I doubt they would have taken battle mode out.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:40
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I would still be over joyed to have Mario Kart 64 with a graphical
> update and different tracks; it ain't broke...and there hasn't been
> enough of it to be boring or repetitive.

I'm all for keeping the basic gameplay the same; they should definately include the traditional one-man-kart and battle modes aswell as this new co-operative play (if they don't, which I doubt really, I'll be pretty annoyed).

But it really would be nice for some big leaps forward. Perhaps a track editor (would be an incredibly tough job for the coders, but would be great fun to race around each other's tracks in multiplayer). Perhaps a custom character (or new ones at the very least - I'd like to see Link racing).

Explorable and interactive tracks would be good (but nothing to distract from the racing) and more innovative obstacles, too. New power-ups would be good and maybe a story mode for added depth. Those are just a few ideas I've thought up now..
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:29
Regular
2 karts is quality and sounds a good laugh.
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:28
Regular
And there was something wrong with Mario Kart 64?????
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:09
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I was disappointed with the Mario Kart footage. Just looks like Mario
> Kart 64 all over again,

Would that really be such a bad thing?

I would still be over joyed to have Mario Kart 64 with a graphical update and different tracks; it ain't broke...and there hasn't been enough of it to be boring or repetitive.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:05
Regular
I was disappointed with the Mario Kart footage. Just looks like Mario Kart 64 all over again, but with two people in a kart. Here's hoping they've kept a one-man kart mode and the battle feature, too.

And some original features like create-a-track wouldn't go amiss.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:46
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Still, nice to see that little feature come back - it never really
> took off on the DC did it?

The Dreamcast was just a case of transporting scores, with F-Zero you'll be able to unlock parts for your ship on the Arcade version and then transport them to the Cube version and vice versa.

Should be good though I highly doubt we'll get it in this country.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.