GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cool Grand Theft thingies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 17:36
Regular
Now might not be the most appropriate time for a topic like this, but talking about games tends to take my mind of more important matters. Anyhoo, now that I own the lovely Grand Theft Auto 3 on PS2, I was wondering what nice little touches you have found in the game. Here are some I've found:

The pedestrians occasionally shout lines from Village People songs (listen carefully)
The door on the car doesn't shut if you drive off before you close it.
The Banshee in the show-room next to 8-Ball's place.
The massive slow-down jump moments.
When it gets dark, you can see your car turn its lights on.
People going into sex shops.
The radio stations are, I think, what make the game. Favourite by far is Chatterbox, I've parked and listened to it for several minutes on end. Genius.
The drive-by Uzi thing.

Any more I may have missed? A mate says you can bounce the Yardie cars, but I've not seen this yet. Enlighten me, chat-a-holics.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:06
The radio stations have to be one of my favourite things- brilliant- i suggest you listen to "DJ Mike Hunt" who works on head radio, he's the funniest! I dont think there is one thing missing from this game. Its brilliant! Brilliant i tells ya!
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:02
Regular
"look in the mirror"
On the stats screen when you press pause, on the top left it says a word and then a number. I was wondering what is the highest anyone has ever got, because I've managed to get mine up to "Capo"- anyone?
Sat 17/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Not forgetting jumping on top of a moving car and moving around the roads on top while shooting at pedestrians. Classic.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:18
Regular
""
I may be a bit slow but on GTA2 I realised that if you land on top of a car with another one it blows up.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:09
Regular
"my friend joey sewed his hands together!"
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:56
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You can change the camera view using the 'Select Button' Nothing Big I know, but if you keep pressing it on foot you can get the traditional 'top-down' view, and you can get this view in the car as well! - It's cool.

I've only just got my memory card (Cost Bloody Fortune) So I should be able to start playing properly - Don't know If I wan't to thouygh... :D
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Bob wrote:
> loki wrote:
> Oh my God. Am I the only person in the world not to own GTA3?
> You're all
> obsessed. I hear about it all day in the office. Non-stop.
> It's driving me
> insane.

hehe. It IS worth buying a PS2 for this game.
> Thats what I did on sunday. I used to play the original GTA and that was fun but
> all that carnage in first person mode, could it get better?

I second that. I got one on Tuesday. GTA3 is great, the PS2 is great, my bank account is not so great.

But rationalise it like this...
A DVD player costs around £150 pounds, and a PS costs around £100

I'm just getting both combined with extras! See I'm coming out tops here!

But then again thats 260ish pounds I just spent.... :/
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:21
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Mystique wrote:
> i still cant find the damn yardie cars!

Ok, if you look on the PS1 and PS2 forum we have about forty topics about GTA3 at present

You get the yardie cars on the second island. Most normally around Liberty Campus and on the long stretch of road which passes the police station on the second island (the one where the car park exits on too

They are normally a burgundy colour with a cream soft top

Try pressing the horn or moving the right analogue stick for a cheap thrill

Hope this helps
Thu 15/11/01 at 14:00
Regular
i still cant find the damn yardie cars!
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Anyone played the 'Two-faced Tanner' mission yet? It's just a blatant slagging off of the Driver games. You have to kill a 'Driver' working for the mob, who is in fact, an undercover cop called Tanner. Sound familiar? He is a 'strangely animated' fellow who is 'useless out of his car', and must be eliminated. Needless to say, he looks exactly the same as the Driver character, has the same car and the same slightly camp walk. Brilliant, made me laugh out loud. Is there no end to this game's brilliance?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.