GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stealing videogames..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
We all know stealing from people, no matter how rich, is bad (apart from Bill Gates, that is); what about stealing from companys and corporations? They can afford it. Is it okay to steal from my local GAME store? They have CCTV and gaurds, it's fair play. What about my local Gamestation? I ask because the prices we are expected to pay are higher now than in the hayday of videogaming; it's un-fair. Anyway, this is a bit random but I've gotta be in town in half an hour and I wanted to see peoples responses tomorrow.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Omnipresent"
We all know stealing from people, no matter how rich, is bad (apart from Bill Gates, that is); what about stealing from companys and corporations? They can afford it. Is it okay to steal from my local GAME store? They have CCTV and gaurds, it's fair play. What about my local Gamestation? I ask because the prices we are expected to pay are higher now than in the hayday of videogaming; it's un-fair. Anyway, this is a bit random but I've gotta be in town in half an hour and I wanted to see peoples responses tomorrow.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
If you manage to walk out of any of those shops with a stolen game then I salute you.

For starters they keep all the games behind the counter, you'll at most end up with an empty case.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:58
Regular
no, you take the case to the counter, wait for the jackass to put the game in the box, begin to hand over your switch card, then grab the game and run like your is on fire.

or so i hear
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:59
Regular
plus i think I read somewhere that stealing video games is good for the economy.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
While wearing skin tight black clothing, and a balaclava, with a holstered Walther PPK in around your waist.

They won't suspect a thing.
Sat 10/05/03 at 16:18
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
www.gameaday.co.uk
Sat 10/05/03 at 16:35
Regular
Games aren't too expensive...

Buying a game like Zelda that has spent years of man power in development, even longer researching plus the productions costs for a mere £30 odd...

I'd say that was well worth it.

Just Lower the GBA prices.
Sat 10/05/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Whooops, I accidently fell over, grabbed a game a rolled out of your store. What a shame."
Sat 10/05/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Festivus!"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> plus i think I read somewhere that stealing video games is good for
> the economy.

Probably on these forums...

They all lie...
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
From my knowlege of the layout of such shops, you'd be lucky to get out alive...
you'll notice as you try to make a getaway that imediately that a man and his girlfriend will be blocking the direct route to the door..
so you'll have to go through the narrow part of the shop by the gameboys only to be greeted by a mysterious group of kids in school uniform whom you will have to squeeze past...
If you make it this far well done, but your forgetting the lady with the pram at the door having positioned it so as to make leaving the store nigh on impossible...
as you realise the futility of the situation the member of staff who lives in the backroom will have caught you.
Before they get the police involved they will chain you up and force you to play superman 64 for 96 hours, or until you can only utter the words 'solve my maze'

Disclaimer: above statement may be false

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.