GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Pacman? And Mario Advance 4 Rumours..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 14:32
Regular
Insiders allege that, unbeknownst to Namco, designer Shigeru Miyamoto and a team at EAD began work on a Pac-Man demo for Game Boy Advance. After 30 days or so on the project, the team had created a full remake of the title, at which point it was shown to amazed employees at Namco. Afterward, it was decided that making a GameCube version, which could be linked to the GBA build could heighten the experience further. So one was created.

What's the big idea? Once the GBA title is linked with the GCN version, all sorts of unique things start to happen, say sources. First, the experience has been designed with four players in mind: one player -- with the GBA, controls Pac-Man, while three GameCube players control three separate ghosts. The person playing with the GBA can see the action on the handheld's screen in classic Pac-Man form. However, the GameCube players can't. Instead, the action on the television screen is split into three play circles -- each showing an isometric 3D view of the Pac arena; no GameCube player can see the full maze. Because GCN gamers can't see the whole maze, the search for Pac-Man is made all the more difficult and entertaining.

The title is so far still being described by sources as little more than a "full-blown demo." Pac-Man for GameCube is said to have simple, cute graphics.

-------------

Sounds Great fun, finally, you can be the ghost and stop the pellet munching maniac.

--------------

According to the latest issue of GamePro magazine, Super Mario Advance 4 will debut at this months E3 event. The game will be a port of the N64 title Yoshi's Story, which seems like a strange decision.

--------------

Heh, I always thought it was going to be Mario 3 for the NES, but that's Mario Advance 5 then. I've never played Yoshi's story before. Is it any good?
Sun 11/05/03 at 13:30
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> pftt
>
>
> Stop being 'cool' by loving retro stuff, fact is, the majority of
> retro games are crap. How is moving a yellow blob through a maze
> eating other blobs for 100 levels a decent game?

It's a nice new multiplayer game for the Gamecube using an innovative GBA link up idea... sounds great to me.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Isn't there already a 3D Pac-man game on the GameCube?

Nah, it's a platformer adventure game.

I prefer the old version's. For some reason they were extremely challenging.
Sat 10/05/03 at 23:11
Regular
As a matter of fact, I love Pac-man, as do I love pong, I can sit there for hours and just play it.
Sat 10/05/03 at 20:37
Regular
pftt

Stop being 'cool' by loving retro stuff, fact is, the majority of retro games are crap. How is moving a yellow blob through a maze eating other blobs for 100 levels a decent game?
Sat 10/05/03 at 20:32
Regular
Isn't there already a 3D Pac-man game on the GameCube?
Sat 10/05/03 at 16:28
Regular
Dammit I want Mario RPG.
Sat 10/05/03 at 15:02
Regular
3D would be OK as you can't see where the ghosts are or Pacman is if you're a ghost. More fun.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
That is what I mean 3d Pac-Man games rubbish. Orginal pac-man game for the gameboy you would proberly get away with. Game Cube version please don't tarnish what was a good game in it's days.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Festivus!"
No, it wouldn't.

If executed properly it could rule.

If it's just another Pac-Man cash in then it would suck.

But seeing as Nintendo are supposedly doing it, it could be great.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:54
Regular
Pacman past it's sell by date about 20 years ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.