GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Rally Championship"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 13:13
Regular
anyone getting excited about this game
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:13
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
anyone getting excited about this game
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:13
Regular
"size does matter"
yep
Mon 12/11/01 at 15:33
"High polygon count"
I was until I played the demo!

I agree with PSW's comment in their review...

"The car handles like it has a fith wheel in the centre, which just lifts the other four off of the ground. The car also rotates about its centre axis, which adds to this illusion."

It does look very strange. The handling is decidedly iffy as a result. It does look and sound fantastically good, though. It was a definite purchase for me, but now I'm undecided - especially with the other fantastic titles out this month.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:13
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
i agree with that too.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:14
"High polygon count"
*fifth wheel!
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:16
Regular
I was really looking forward to this, as the demo loaded up I was thinking that it was fantastic. The build up to the races - the music, everything.

Then I actually drove a car. Almost as disappointing as Wipeout!

It didn't look like the car was on the ground half the time as the shadows were so bad! The hadnling was pretty awful as well.

Off my buy list, certainly.
Mon 12/11/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
fingers crossed for Colin Mcrae 3....
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:02
Regular
"  "
the crashes are dodgy to. sOMETIMES WHEN IT roles it looks kinda weird and the camera goes all dodgy.....and what about the damage...its almost non existing
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im tempted to get it but I might hold out till Colin Mcrae - I wasnt that impressed with the demo to be honest, the handling was a bit poor - Hopefully though it was only the demo!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:35
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I think this game looks pretty good. But the handling is pretty wierd. The graphics are brilliant though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.