GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one here who find the Wind Waker a little..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:58
Regular
...patronising?

I've just got the sword and it feals as if I'm a seven year old.

Gah... £40 wasted?
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:37
"period drama"
Oi!
Only I'm allowed to do the funky gibbon.
*Does*
Poophead.
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:32
Regular
What?

OOT ending wasy rubbish!

*spoiler*

Link gives the Ocarina of Time back and everyone does the funky gibbon in Hyrule Field for five minutes.

Yippee.
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:23
"period drama"
More nekkid ladees next time, less dissaproving sailors and a attempted seduction by the Deku Tree.
This is dynamite, baby ...
*Wanders off*
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:13
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I felt that the ending was a little dissapointing, compared to OOT or Majora's Mask which had excellent endings. Although the 2nd time aroud thing has brought me backinto it!

Hopefully the next Zelda game will lead on from Wind Waker with maybe Link & the pirates sailing off to a new world as majora's mask lead on from OOT.
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
OOT was easy, I agree but only because it was big
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:14
Regular
I thought OoT's ones were mostly easy....
even ganon.
WWstill a damn good game.
Possibily if we get another Zelda that follows from OoT story and at medium difficulty then we may find the best Zelda game..
But in my opinion i like both OoT and WW
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The bosses weren't 'mostly' easy; they were all easy.
Mon 12/05/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Meh. I think too many people see whatever fault in Wind Waker and forget the same 'fault' was in previous Zeldas... those things when you get the rupees have been there since OOT and before... What annoyed me wasn't what was said, but the fact that you couldn't simply tap 'A' or 'B' to skip the text when you got a rupee/treasure chart/any 'special' item that there are many of... you shouldn't be able to skip it the first time, buy after that it can get a little annoying... and also I don't really think the heart pieces are 'dished out' too easily... just sailing around and picking them up off the sea floor using treasure charts is the easy bit... getting the chart itself to tell you where to look is also a part of getting them.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game...
Not enough dungeons (very few compared to Ocarina...)
Sailing element was good, but overused
Various islands and charts quite cunning way to structure the game
Nice amount of freedom to explore (moreso than Ocarina I felt)
Mostly likeable characters
Bosses generally too easy
Good combat additions (counter attack and picking up weapons) but at times made battles too easy
Some pretty cool 'epic' feeling battles
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:31
Regular
Perhaps but it doesnt mean it's more childlike.. just easier..
but oh well it's still playable and addictive.
Next game should be better and follow from OoT's storyline that would be sweet.
Mon 12/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I think it's genuinely more childlike than the N64 versions, mainly due to it being a whole lot easier, and also the way it dishes out previously difficult to attain power-ups (like quarter hearts, etc) with abundance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.