GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking about purchasing an Xbox........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/05/03 at 15:10
Regular
Got my 21st birthday coming up and was thinking about buying meself a Bill Box. Just looking for game recommendations really, so far the list of games i'll probably get is as follows

Halo
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2
Serious Sam
Project Gotham
Max Payne
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
MGS Substance
Silent Hill 2
Project Zero (maybe)
Buffy (maybe)
Halo 2
Fable (maybe)
PGR 2
Rainbow Six 2 (or whatever it's called)
Jedi Knight 3
Knights of the old Republic (maybe)

I'm mainly intrested in shooty games and looking at the release lists there's a fair amount of them. Oh and Rare games.

I'm not intrested in fighting games, I'm getting Soul Calibur 2 for Cube and I think that's all i'll be needing. I'll be getting all the multi console releases for my Cube so none of them please, I'm not intrested in 2nd rate platformers, so the first person to recommend Blinx get's a slap. Oh and I haven't got the slightest intrest in those boring Mech games.

Oh and I don't want Morrowind or any other games like that, boring is an understatement.

So anyway, recommend away.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:35
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> Morrowind Boring LoL ha that is a "Funny-Statement"

Well it's not when you consider the game to be a stinkuss geekfest.

Oh and just for Tom.

PLEASE could you recommend me some games if you would be so kind, thanking you most kindly.

:D
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Thats funny, I was thinking of getting a GC after my GCSEs if I can find one cheep.

The game I want most for it? Sonic Mega Collection. :)
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
moto gp 2
panzer dragoon orta is really good
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:52
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and just for Tom.
>
> PLEASE could you recommend me some games if you would be so kind,
> thanking you most kindly.

Heh. There's a good boy.

And erm, Moto GP2? When it comes out? I would suggest Xbox Live if you had Broadband, but I'm not too sure I like it that much myself anymore...

How about Blinx? ;-)
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Remember me?"
Don't get Serious Sam. It's toss. And lots of it.

You need Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Unreal Championship and Burnout 2. NEED! Yes, NEED!
Tue 13/05/03 at 00:08
Regular
tiltawhirl old chum, I bought myself an xbox about a month ago and am very pleased with my purchase. I bought one cos my ps2 died, and got Halo, SSX tricky, Fifa 2003, Project Gotham and Metal Gear Substance. All very good, halo obviously my favourite of the lot. Also the DVD thingamajig so I can watch me movies.

I highly recommend them, far better than the ps2 I had (so far).
Tue 13/05/03 at 00:09
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
There are plenty of good xbox games, but sadly few great ones, you should add Midnight Club II to the list when it's released (June 6th accoring to Gem)

Other thing is have you got broadband? If so then it's worth picking up games like Moto Gp as there excellent for online multiplayer!
Tue 13/05/03 at 01:26
"I love yo... lamp."
There are several great Xbox games. If you like shooters then obviously Halo. Halo 2. Perfect Dark Zero. There is also the James Bond games, Nightfire and Agent Under Fire, both out at the moment. The next one Everything Or Nothing is due out in the autumn and going by the screenshots I saw on gamesradar.com looks gorgeous.

If you like other games then get Project Gotham Racing. It is a masterpiece. And for those moments when you don't want to kill someone or drive like a loony in places where in real life you would get arrested, get Jet Set Radio Future.

I faffed about for several months before getting an Xbox, and I just view that as wasted time. It is sensational. Get one. And dont be put off by the big controller, it isn't that bad. I find it very comfortable for extended periods of gaming.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Do not buy Agent under fire or Nightfire.

It is possibly the most uninspiring toss on shelves today.
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:05
Regular
if you're going to buy an xbox, buy one ..

not now ....

hang on ...

nnnnn ...

NOW !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.