GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Confirmed for Xbox + More!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
Taken from E3:

"id Software and Activision confirmed this morning that id Software's DOOM 3 is in fact coming to the Xbox and that the demo of the PC version would be on display at Activision's booth (booth #1224 in the South Hall) beginning May 14th. Built using id Software's new cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into a terrifying and riveting 3D gaming. A specific release date for id's horror filled first-person shooter was not disclosed at press time but one can imagine that it will be released when it's done. Look to GameSpy for more information on both versions from the show floor later this week!"

This was announced THIS morning and it will be an Xbox exclusive title. Won't come close to Halo 2 but I am VERY excited about seeing more about this game over the coming months. On top of this new screens of Deus EX 2 have been shown so if Mav is reading this then go to:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1000014899/

(Remove Space)

On top of this Counter Strike is shaping up to be as good as the PC version and for the E3 previews I have read they were VERY impressed with how it has shaped up. Then there are some new Project Gotham Racing 2 screens at:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1001529/

(Remove Space)

Its shaping up to be graphically revolutionary and if the gameplay stays the same as the first then this will be something of Halo 2 proportions (perhaps not that big).

What does everyone think of whats on offer?
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
And sort out your random capital letters for heavens sake.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
Well then, please inform me of this amazing surround system.

What was it? What does it do and how much?
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:33
Regular
WS if your Surround System is more powerful than mine then I will eat my hat. keeping dreaming mate. Oh and you stick with a 21" monitor and I will stick with a 32" Flatscreen TV, OK? Plus the fact that not all PC games run in 5.1 or even Dolby Surround Sound yet all Xbox games are in Full Dolby Digital.

Anyway I am off to play WWE: RAW so I will leave you trying to convince yourself.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:23
Regular
It's all down to opinion and I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

I'm off to play Conflict Desert Storm.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:22
Regular

I've never had to configure anything.

You click install, it installs.

Then you play, the only thing I do is change it to a nice big resolution.

Plus the controls are many times better than a control pad, for FPS and strategty games.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:18
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> And I was using your logic, you seem to want an XBox for loads of
> games that are on the Pc, so if PC gaming is dull so must XBox gaming.

It's not the games that I'm calling dull, it's just the whole setup.

Clunky controls, too much configuring of soundcards and all that garbage, sitting hunched back in front of a crappy monitor, downloading patches etc etc

Dull, dull, dull.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:16
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> pppfffffffffftttttttttttt
>
> Compared to aiming with a mouse, dual analouge sticks take an
> eternity.

I was talking about third person.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:15
Regular
pppfffffffffftttttttttttt

Compared to aiming with a mouse, dual analouge sticks take an eternity.

And I was using your logic, you seem to want an XBox for loads of games that are on the Pc, so if PC gaming is dull so must XBox gaming.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:11
Regular
Pumpkinist wrote:
> No way, especialy with 3rd person shooters.
>
> The mouse adds so much precision.

You've GOT to be kidding. I'll accept that some people prefer keyboard-mouse for FPS, but for third person shooters? I find those games are almost unplayable on PC - there's nothing natural about it.

Controllers win hands down when it comes to third person.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:08
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> At least my PC can do other things.

What kind of an argument is that?

We get annoyed when fanboys come into the Ninty forum and say "PS2's better becoz it haz a DVD player". It's a games console so let's not go there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.