GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is this the best RARE can come up with?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 13:45
Regular
this is a description os a new rare game for the x box

GRABBED BY THE GHOULIES
A cel-shaded comedy beat 'em up action adventure with the classic 'rescue the gal' storyline. Nice! You play a young chap named Cooper braving a jaunt through a haunted mansion riddled with monsters and booby-traps. There's plenty of variety amongst these foul creatures: spectres, mummies, vampires, undead skeletons and poltergeists are all poised to thwart the plucky young adventurer. Despite the kiddie visuals, Rare is confident that players will be spooked by this hideous house of horrors.

1) hmmm a cel shaded adventure where you have to rescue the girl - errrr sound familiar oh yes thats zelda ww

2)you play through a haunted mansion - errr sound familiar, oh yes thats luigis mansion

3) and they even have the audasity to call the guy cooper (koopa) anyone???

cough 'rip off' cough
Thu 15/05/03 at 01:27
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> They were okay..
> Diddy kong racing was great... but nintendo have the rights
> thankfully
> and he's in Mario kart:DD.
> And part of the Goldeneye team split to make radical dreamers.
>
> Or even Free Radical Design.

LOL sorry that is a game argh
Thu 15/05/03 at 00:44
Regular
rare rarely make a bad game. i remember the first helping I had, donkey kong on the SNES. wicked. and golden eye, and perfect dark, two of the best games ever as far as I'm concerned.

give them a chance, wait til the games are released
Thu 15/05/03 at 00:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
§niper wrote:
> They were okay..
> Diddy kong racing was great... but nintendo have the rights thankfully
> and he's in Mario kart:DD.
> And part of the Goldeneye team split to make radical dreamers.

Or even Free Radical Design.
Wed 14/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
god that reminds me. some day i need to totally finish PD on the n64...

lol still not got the final mission from doing everything on perfect.
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
hehe
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Donkey Kong was a horrible mess of things. They tried to make it bigger, and they ended up just making it too confusing.

Jet Force Gemini was good, although the multiplayer was terrible.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:59
Regular
"aliens exist"
Rickoss wrote:
> It doesn't look anything like Luigi's Mansion or Wind Waker and surely
> the last one is just coincidence?
>
> I will judge it when it's out.

im not saying it looks like it, i havent seen teh screen shots, but the idea is a little too similar, a cel shaded rescue a girl adventure in a haunted mansion and a guy called cooper (koopa) has to fight his way past ghosts. its either one big coincidence or one big rip off.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:58
Regular
"aliens exist"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Where did you get this?
>
> From the screenshots i've seen, it certainly isn't cel-shaded.

the review is from spong.com and they are at E3
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
"8==="
I like to think of the rare games as evolutions. I don't want to play exactly the same game with a new graphics set. I want new options.

You missed one

Donkey kong: preffered it to mario because i got to shoot things and the JFG inspired multi characters and character specific items/tokens were a good idea

But DKR was awful and i haven't played Star fox adv or banjo. although banjo 2 had a quake style multi, i would've like that in mario. so by default banjo 2 has a better multi!

Basically aslong they hurry up with PD and conker, the other games can be dire
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:37
Regular
Yeah, Banjo and DKR were great; but if only allowed one of each I would certainly take Mario 64 and Mario Kart over them.

And SFA was just rubbish..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.