GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most realistic game ever is nearly upon us !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Thu 15/05/03 at 20:21
Regular
Fable is almost here and will be one of the best and most realistic games ever well until more realistic game obviously.

why will it be so realistic ? because you start your life as a child and grow old until your dead. You get sun tan if your in the sun light too long you get wrinkles as you age muscles get bigger as you use them or obesity if you do sod all. You get scars from battles and your apperance and skills and reputation change as you live you life the way you want and you will never play the same the game more than once everytime you play will be different.

Quote: "Each person you aid, each flower you crush, each creature you slay, will change this world forever. Fable: Who will you be?"

I coul go on and on and on and bore you to death instead you could just go here http://www.fablegame.com
Thu 15/05/03 at 23:09
Regular
What a realistic game?

next.
Thu 15/05/03 at 23:49
Regular
Saying it's realistic really doesn't do the game justice, makes it sound like some Gran Turismo style RPG.

Trust me Dringo, it does actually look really good. You'd do good to check out the trailer to really work out what it's about.

It's got reliastic elements like the way you get older etc. But it's set in a fantasy kingdom that's almost reminiscent of Final Fantasy style games.
Fri 16/05/03 at 10:37
Regular
So, if you play for 24 hours, you get some stubble on your chin (in the game that is) - or does that happen after 24 minutes?

And does the character require sleep?

That would be what I consider to be a more realistic game.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick with my argument that I play games to escape from realism :)
Fri 16/05/03 at 18:30
Regular
Erm.

You can divert away from the storyline, get married and have kids apparently in the game, if you want to.

Cut someones cheek, and when you see them again they'll have a scar.

Looks decent.
Fri 16/05/03 at 21:38
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
But the release date has gone back to next year!its alright making
such a great game as long as we get actualy to play it some time!!
Fri 16/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Like all games it's super-realistic.
I mean, your hero is going to able to cast powerful spells, wield weapons like with like an ogre on steroids, etc, etc, and when he dies he'll be reborn from the last save-point.

Yeah it's got "realistic" elements like his skin will tan and he'll retain battle scars, but it's not realistic in the true sense..... thank god.
It's a fantasy, and that's what gaming is all about.
Fri 16/05/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Remember me?"
gamezfreak wrote:
> You can divert away from the storyline, get married and have kids
> apparently in the game, if you want to.

And then have a massive argument, seperate, lose the house in the divorce settlement, only have access to the kids every fortnight and spend your life living on your own eating nothing but ready-meals and beer.
Sat 17/05/03 at 00:23
Regular
I dream of living a low maintenance life like that!

Sat 17/05/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its a realistic fastasy game- if there is such a thing.
Sat 17/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
Along with Skies of Arcadia it should be one of the greatest RPG's of all time. The bold statement that Peter Moleynux (sp?) made at the X-Gamer show about it being the greatest RPG of all time is making people anxious to see what is going to happen next. The trailer looks great, the potential is superb and with Xbox Live + Hard Drive capabilities it could turn out to be the blockbuster hit of the year?! Not a big RPG fan myself but I am keeping a close eye on this one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.