GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If it were music...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 14:46
Regular
Sony would be Hearsay. Very popular, lots of poeple rushed out and bought it, making it the fastest selling console ever.
Not really much substance though, is there?

Microsoft would be Afroman. The Xbox will get itself to the top by being absolutely everywhere, but after everyone has bought one they'll realise that it's crap, and not much more than a one-trick pony.

Nintendo are the Super Furry Animals. There's much more to them than you think, they seem happy and fun, but when you really get into them, they're much, much better than you initially thought.

Sega were East17, now they're Pete Waterman.
Wed 07/11/01 at 14:46
Regular
"not dead"
Sony would be Hearsay. Very popular, lots of poeple rushed out and bought it, making it the fastest selling console ever.
Not really much substance though, is there?

Microsoft would be Afroman. The Xbox will get itself to the top by being absolutely everywhere, but after everyone has bought one they'll realise that it's crap, and not much more than a one-trick pony.

Nintendo are the Super Furry Animals. There's much more to them than you think, they seem happy and fun, but when you really get into them, they're much, much better than you initially thought.

Sega were East17, now they're Pete Waterman.
Wed 07/11/01 at 14:55
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I reckon Microsoft would be Phil Collins. Nobody admits to liking him but everyones got a copy somewhere.
Wed 07/11/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nintendo would be Aqua:
Noisy and colourful and the kids love it. Adults sigh and fork over their wages to keep the little'uns happy

Sony would be Chemical Bros:
Impossibly hip and everyone likes at least one of the releases.

Microsoft would be The Spice Girls:
You hate them, but they're still everywhere you look/

Sega would be Kenny G
Wed 07/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
Sony would be Travis. Cool and undamaged by the industry initially, however, come a second release and they have mass-market written all over them.

Sega would be Mark Morrison.

Microsoft would be Gina G. Everyone says they don't like it, but you'll still sing along when you're drunk...

Nintendo would be Bob the Builder, 'nuff said.
Wed 07/11/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Digging!"
i agree with mr mekka. listen to this well cool notable!!!!
Wed 07/11/01 at 17:31
Regular
"Digging!"
Goatboy wrote:
Sony would be Chemical
> Bros:
Impossibly hip and everyone likes at least one of the releases.

Do not link such a good band with such a rubbish company!!
Wed 07/11/01 at 17:49
I think the X-Box could have something good to offer but I do wonder if there'll be anything making it worth getting that you can't get on the PC. Sure it'll steal some good games but they will no doubt eventually come out on the PC anyway. The Gamecube does have the Nintendo uniqueness but will there be enough games, the N64 always suffered from having too few to choose from. The PS2 well it'll be replaced soon anyway and while it's still pumping out some pleasant games it's not exactly a future console (PS3 might be interesting though, especially if they make a name change and of course there should be darned annoying adverts about the fifth place). The adverts alone are reason enough to hate the PS2, of course there are very few decent adverts. I demand they start a new advertising quality board and stop people putting on the rubbish they do... Oops getting a little off topic there. Sega well they're gone in the console hardware world and to be honest I wont miss them. They never really had too much that was unique enough in my view and the Dreamcast was too late.

This could easily become a music in games topic if we aren't careful and Startopia had very good music...

Oops.
Wed 07/11/01 at 18:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The Xbox would be Barry White, for obvious reasons. All hail 'The walrus of gaming'.
Wed 07/11/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Meka needs a game,
Meka needs a game,
E -- I -- O -- U,
Meka needs a game!

:D Good Luck, Meka!
Wed 07/11/01 at 19:41
"possibly impossible"
Ok...

My take on this one then, this time with genres.

Sony - Dance Music

Yes, all dance music. Some of it is very fast and loud and all the people in fashion like to get into the latest releases. Some stuff is nice and ambient, for all those moments when you want less adrenaline in your games. Other stuff is so harsh that only the die hard dance heads can take it. There are also those dance tunes that go on and on for ever, but are so crap that you swear your kid brother could have made them on a small casio keyboard, but someone still buys them. In essence it took it’s main themes from pop and turned it into something different and exciting which many people regularly subscribe to.

Nintendo – Pop

Although by it’s nature, pop is supposed to be popular music, it’s mainly considered only popular with the younger age groups and often has squeaky clean images and colourful beats. Some of the more modern stuff does seem to be a bit more grown up though and it’s gaining more of a following with some of the older generation who are not concerned with just being ‘with-it’

Microsoft – Rap

There are some songs that just sound like the ‘singer’ made the lyrics up while going to the toilet, and some raps that sound so lame they may as well have got a bloke off the street to talk from an autoque over the music. Although it has a lot of people up in arms, and can backfire regularly, it’s getting a big following and guarantees a good audience of supporters. Some of the artists are so good that they often cross the divide of genres and encourage many non-rap fans to buy their stuff.

Sega – Rock

It may be going out of fashion like old flares, but it used to be a whole big section of the music industry, rivalling dance music and pop in it’s time. Now it has changed and become a hybrid with other styles, like rap and dance. There are moments of pure rock and a strong band of supporters who still insist on following it, no matter what.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.