GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Also thinking of buying an XBox......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 16:09
Regular
Seeing as my other topic has been ignored, probably because its, er, no different to this one, I have decided to re-iterate my statment....

As is the way seemingly, I am yet another Nintendo/Xbox crossover now (both ways may I add) Hehe.

Anyway, now that E3 has been and gone, I have a rather large list of GC games I want. And the XBox looks pretty tempting too. Having played one on anf off for the past year, despite the horror that was Halo (joke!) I have begun to take interest in one.

Don't get me wrong, GC is my favourite easily, but I though I might as well chuck off the mantra of just being a Ninty, and actually play some other consoles, and with titles like Fable, Halo 2 (it wille be good, I know that) and whatever else you guys know about, I think I might as well pick one up.

And.....reccomend a website, of a similar ilk to www.Cube-europe.com, so I can looks through stuff.

And the best magazine too.

So, reccomend me games please. And give me some cash too. If you want.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No bike racing. Don't like the sound of Oddworld, despite its apparent beauty. I couldn't stand the PS versions.

Any involving, long-ish 3rd person/FPS (bar Halo) to get my teeth into?
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Looking towards the future, there is:
>
> Moto GP-2 [Motorcycle Racing]

It's out, and it;s sheer wonderfullness at it's best.

Get it.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:33
Regular
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=XV8229
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Link me to a review, and I might look into it.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:19
Regular
Pumpkinist wrote:
> and maybe something else.

Oddworld.
Sat 17/05/03 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Looking through Ebay, need some moolah.

Think (if I do go ahead) I'll get:

XBox
+ Extra controller

Halo
JSRF
Splinter Cell
Sega GT -------probably with the console

and

Morrowind
PGR
and maybe something else.
Sat 17/05/03 at 20:07
Regular
Jet Set Radio Future
Splinter Cell
Morrowind
Phantom Crash
Unreal Championship
Project Gotham Racing
Dead or Alive 3
Moto GP
Return to Castle wolfenstein
Kung Fu Chaos
Oddworld (you know you want it really....)

Magazines? Official Xbox Magazine is the best in my opinion, or GamesTM for multiformat.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thanks Mav.

And Tom. Wierdo? I must be the only one. I'm special. :P

I just downloaded Halo 2 vid. Reaction is middling-fair. Looks as good as ever, but nothing amazing. Still, I hardly seen much.

I forgot about Morrowind - I would like to get that.

I think the 4 game pack + Morrowind (seilling Sega GT) might be a good little purchase.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Pumpkinist wrote:
> Hang on. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in.
> Oddworld

You don't know a good game when you see one then, obviously!

Wierdo :op
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:05
Regular
Right-o then. You'd do well to get the Xbox second hand, as they're a bit pricey at the moment for the amount of games available - I managed to find a fantastic pre-owned deal. Everything works fine and that was just within a day of looking, so it certainly won't be hard. Get the Controller S too, as it's much more ergonomically designed with the buttons in all the right places.

As for must have, only on Xbox games at the moment there's:

Halo [Textbook FPS, I'm sure you'll agree]
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind [So engrossing, you won't need much else]

You could also look into Max Payne, Phantom Crash and Shenmue II (while I hate the game, some people have been known to love it). Looking towards the future, there is:

Moto GP-2 [Motorcycle Racing]
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic [RPG]
Deus Ex 2 [Alternative FPS]
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy [Alternative FPS]
Fable [RPG]
Project Gotham Racing 2 [Car Racing]
Halo 2 [FPS]

The above is a refined list of exclusives I've thought of according to my tastes. As I consider each and every one a probable must buy, I suggest you take a good look at them - even if you're not into that genre. Trust me.

A good website would be the official (www.xbox.co.uk) or www.xboxrules.com. As for magazines, the official one - while expensive - is well written, has a demo disc and isn't too biased.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.