GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Also thinking of buying an XBox......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 16:09
Regular
Seeing as my other topic has been ignored, probably because its, er, no different to this one, I have decided to re-iterate my statment....

As is the way seemingly, I am yet another Nintendo/Xbox crossover now (both ways may I add) Hehe.

Anyway, now that E3 has been and gone, I have a rather large list of GC games I want. And the XBox looks pretty tempting too. Having played one on anf off for the past year, despite the horror that was Halo (joke!) I have begun to take interest in one.

Don't get me wrong, GC is my favourite easily, but I though I might as well chuck off the mantra of just being a Ninty, and actually play some other consoles, and with titles like Fable, Halo 2 (it wille be good, I know that) and whatever else you guys know about, I think I might as well pick one up.

And.....reccomend a website, of a similar ilk to www.Cube-europe.com, so I can looks through stuff.

And the best magazine too.

So, reccomend me games please. And give me some cash too. If you want.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seeing as my other topic has been ignored, probably because its, er, no different to this one, I have decided to re-iterate my statment....

As is the way seemingly, I am yet another Nintendo/Xbox crossover now (both ways may I add) Hehe.

Anyway, now that E3 has been and gone, I have a rather large list of GC games I want. And the XBox looks pretty tempting too. Having played one on anf off for the past year, despite the horror that was Halo (joke!) I have begun to take interest in one.

Don't get me wrong, GC is my favourite easily, but I though I might as well chuck off the mantra of just being a Ninty, and actually play some other consoles, and with titles like Fable, Halo 2 (it wille be good, I know that) and whatever else you guys know about, I think I might as well pick one up.

And.....reccomend a website, of a similar ilk to www.Cube-europe.com, so I can looks through stuff.

And the best magazine too.

So, reccomend me games please. And give me some cash too. If you want.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:14
Regular
If you're not a big FPS fan, don't bother.

I'm not, and I'm struggling to find anything else that's decent.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I do likes FPS indeedy.

Although not Doom, Half Life and Wolfenstein. Or Operation Flashpoint........

Hmm.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:15
Regular
I used to own an N64,amazing,but the Xbox is superior to the GC in many ways and has amazing games

I own:

Halo
Splinter Cell
Shenmue 2
Sega Gt 2002
JSRF
Blinx
Oddworld
OXM demo discs 14,16 + 17
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:17
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> If you're not a big FPS fan, don't bother.
>
>
> I'm not, and I'm struggling to find anything else that's decent.

How about

JSRF
Blinx
All racing games
Tony hawk games
Stealth games,eg Splinter Cell
Shenmue 2
Oddworld
Buffy
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hang on. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in.

Buffy
Oddworld
Doom3/Deus Ex 2/Half Life 2
Any LIVE game (no BB)
Blinx
THPS *

and anything rubbish.

I like - RPG, FPS, *some* racing games, action and adventure-y things.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:23
Regular
Pumpkinist wrote:
> Hang on. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in.
>
> Buffy
> Oddworld
> Doom3/Deus Ex 2/Half Life 2
> Any LIVE game (no BB)
> Blinx
> THPS *
>
> and anything rubbish.
>
> I like - RPG, FPS, *some* racing games, action and adventure-y things.

I dont have live but you can still play the game.And anything rubbish,well that would be anything you like then.You probably haven't even played the games you put down,can you name some games you DO actually like?
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
Not exactly the most convincing list there Mutant.

Bit crap to say the least.

You'll wanna most likely check out

Fable
Midtown Madness 3 (a Microsoft game that actually looks quite good)
Rainbow Six : Raven Shield (looks amazing, much better than the usual Clancy stuff)
Jedi Knight 3
Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic
Jet Set Radio Future (OH YES)
Halo 2
Conflict Desert Storm 2 (not planned for Cube)
Conker
Kameo
Dead Man's Hand (SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET)
Doom 3
Halflife 2

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of them.

Are you gonna be going on Live?
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
WS that is your opinion. You seem to think that there are 29 games on the GC worth owning within the next 12 months when it is untrue. There are around 10 that are definitley worth owning and ever then I could cut it down to around 7. There are lots of other games on the Xbox that are worth owning its just that they don't have the Nintendo logo so you aren't interested :)
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:27
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Not exactly the most convincing list there Mutant.
>
> Bit crap to say the least.
>
> You'll wanna most likely check out
>
> Fable
> Midtown Madness 3 (a Microsoft game that actually looks quite good)
> Rainbow Six : Raven Shield (looks amazing, much better than the usual
> Clancy stuff)
> Jedi Knight 3
> Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic
> Jet Set Radio Future (OH YES)
> Halo 2
> Conflict Desert Storm 2 (not planned for Cube)
> Conker
> Kameo
> Dead Man's Hand (SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET)
> Doom 3
> Halflife 2
>
> I'm sure there's more, just can't think of them.
>
> Are you gonna be going on Live?

Some of these games aren't out but some like Halo 2,Dead mans hand,conker and Fable look amazing

I might get live,whats your gamertag anyway?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.