GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arrr.... Tis' Christmas toime...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 19:32
Regular
You stupid people. [That's not written for copularity contests.] I WOULD like to point out that christmas is on the 24th [or is it 25th?] of December and, this is the 3rd November. Now I get exicted about christmas at aproximatly 11:34 pm on Cristams Eve. Its not like this ones special!!! Why normally the hype doesn't start till at least the 25 of November. it started in October!!! What kind of cilliviasion is this!!! [And I did see my mum when I was 4 lovingly sliding my christmas stocking stuff into my stocking.] I know christmas is probably the most special part of the year as the familly get together over the hearth and most bitter quarells being setteled. I JUST LIKE WAITING TILL CHRISTMAS OK???? [Oh and Xmas is like saying XXXmas. It's dirty and has nothing to do with Christmas.]
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:17
Regular
Sibs wrote:

Christmas should be a happy
> occasion, so stop running those innocent people down in GTA3 and buy a cute
> fluffy Nintendo Game :-)

Yeah! Like the very cute Conkers Bad Fur Day, or the extremely cute Resident Evil 2, if you liked those levels of cuteness there's also the Turok series to give you every level of cuteness possible!
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:16
As you should have read in the first post, it IS about familly and happiness aswell as a religouse date, I was just pointing out the supposed "meaning" of Christmas.
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:14
Since most of my Christmas's have passed by in a cloud of booze and vaguely remembered women in red and white bikinis, I look forward to Christmas the whole year round. Never has there been a better excuse to get totally legless and gorge yourself on fine tasting food than the birth of a Mesiah...
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Christmas has basically become more than a religious holiday (it's that time again... yes I'm stating the obvious!)

It's now about stuff like family, forgetting dumb fueds (maybe we could learn to forget the console war feuding and just have a merry christmas, but I doubt it!), and other stuff like that.

For the large corporations it's a liscense to print money, as the next 'must have' kids toy comes and they get to charge however much they like or the little kid won't have a merry christmas. But it shouldn't really be about that, as long as we make an effort to get people somethink that they will like it shouldn't matter whether it's 'in' that christmas or not.

Christmas should be a happy occasion, so stop running those innocent people down in GTA3 and buy a cute fluffy Nintendo Game :-)
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:01
Regular
I know someone who claims to be a Buddhist but celebrates Christmas.

Anyway, in my opinion, some blokes birthday isn't what I'd call the true meaning of Christmas. I'd say it was about friends and family and being with the people you love.
Sun 04/11/01 at 14:54
Yeah, well said. People (specially kids) get mixed up in the prezzie business, and forget the true meaning of Christmas. (how many times have we seen a film like that?..)
Sun 04/11/01 at 14:48
CJC wrote:
> Purely Fiction, what are your comments about Advent calendars?

As many of you have allready mentioned, avdvent calendars are used to advertise popular "stuff".

Last year I got a "Simpsons" calendar [not chocolate, I have never had a chocolate one] and, as I was spending some quality time with my Grandpa before he died, I was in a beatiful church in Austria and as the sermon ended [all in German so I couldn't understand] I saw a large hanging of Jesus. That set me thinking to why I have never ever seen a Jesus calendar so I began searching for one [I mean it WAS his Birthday] and there was nothing at all in over 30 shops! I mean, does this prove that Advent Calendars are just propaganda or what?

So in answer to your question commments are above but Advent Calendars are both fatening and have NOTHING to do with Christmas when you have reached a certain age. Although I beleive that it is fine for smaller children to have sweet calendars with the manger etc.
Most people won't agree with me so make up your own mind, but I don't really agree with them.
Sun 04/11/01 at 12:44
Mmmmm, Xmas Dinner. Beef, Chicken, Bacon wrapped around sausages, yourkshire puddings, sausage meat, stuffing, gravy, cheese, potatoes! Wow! I can smeel it already, that might be coz i'm having roast tonight, oh well!
Sun 04/11/01 at 12:08
Regular
I love Christmas, especially the bit about lots of food and presents!

I was just stating a few facts.......
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Edgey you do have a kind of bitter sweet view on Christmas don't you.

PS Santa isn't real??? *starts to cry*

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.