GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter the Matrix opinions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:43
Regular
Having seen the film (got to view and early preview - see the Movie forum for my thoughts on the film), it has certainly got me interested in the Matrix, so I'm thinking of getting the game.

If you have it, is it worth shelling out £40 for, or do you recommend a rent etc? Thoughts from people who have actually played the game would be appreciated.
Thu 22/05/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
i think it aint that bad. The car levels are naff but the actual third person levels are ok. Fighting the agents is jus**t like in the film as they dodge every bullet and block nearly every attack. There are loads of flash moves to pull off and running up walls and kart wheeling round corners is always fun. I think the A.I is a bit sh*t but at the end of the day your a super cool flash combat expert and there jus**t average police officers so no wonder they dont s**tand a chance.
Thu 22/05/03 at 11:26
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
chas11 wrote:
(somewhere in this
> site a reviewer reckoned on 50 hours of game play, er right – only if
> you play all levels with both characters, but why you would want to do
> this….).

uh, no, all levels with both characters is about 12-13 hours actually
Wed 21/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
It's a short game so I suggest you rent it. Its worth buying to see the 2 40 ton trucks collide head first, followed by the slow mo crash and the great big explosion.
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:45
Regular
The game is definitely rushed, and really is a bit of a mess – very flat graphics, poor lighting, choice of colours is brown and green with a hint of sludge. The preview screen shots give you completely the wrong idea about your real on-screen abilities and the look of the game.

Having said that, “Focus” time is ok, with some good moves, either in armed or un-armed combat – but its been done better elsewhere.

Personally I would wait a few months and buy it second hand, or rent for a weekend, this is as long as you will need (somewhere in this site a reviewer reckoned on 50 hours of game play, er right – only if you play all levels with both characters, but why you would want to do this….).
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:35
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
its so close to 8pm tonight i can almost taste the digital rain!
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Sadly looks like another example of hype over substance, cashing in on the excitement generated by the movie . *shakes head and the games industry*
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
dooz2k2 wrote:
> also one in the middle from the freeway chase, but that bit might be in > the film as well(for the sake of not spoiling for others, its on the > freeway and has large vehicles..i'll say no more)

Yep its in the film. Overall the car chase is amazing, around 15 minutes and then it ends with that scene you just mentioned.
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:19
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
er-no wrote:
> Its a crap film though.

YOU HAD BETTER BE KIDDING!
Tue 20/05/03 at 22:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its a crap film though.
Tue 20/05/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Festivus!"
Matt played briefly in Game.

Matt got bored.

Matt went to gamestation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.