GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My next first person shooter."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 00:17
Regular
Well i've decided to sell Raven shield it's bug ridden... badly coded, laggy and with no cheat protection even when they say it's supposed to have it.
Last 2 patches has fixed zilch and made even bigger problems so i can't be bothered to deal with such bad programming from ubisoft.

Anyway name a first person shooter i should try out besides UT2003 that is better programmed and playable.
Wed 21/05/03 at 00:17
Regular
Well i've decided to sell Raven shield it's bug ridden... badly coded, laggy and with no cheat protection even when they say it's supposed to have it.
Last 2 patches has fixed zilch and made even bigger problems so i can't be bothered to deal with such bad programming from ubisoft.

Anyway name a first person shooter i should try out besides UT2003 that is better programmed and playable.
Wed 21/05/03 at 00:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
C&C Generals.

*Falls over laughing*
Wed 21/05/03 at 00:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Errr...I meant renegade.
Wed 21/05/03 at 00:26
Regular
It's a shame cos i like rainbow six type games but it's so badly bugged i can't enjoy it....
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Lag is bad on that game. Playing it at a friends and with 30 ping its ok when every one else has those pings, but if some one has 150 ping then the game lags bad.

Maybe give Ghost Recon a shot, as thats another Tom Clancy game. Made by Ubi soft again so you might not want it. What about Unreal 2? Seems good from what I have seen. To be honest I don't think theres been an truly excellent FPS recently. Vietcong has got been getting a few good reviews, as well as some good user reviews. What about checking out a few older FPS games like Castle Wofenstein if you havent played it.
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Having completed Vietcong my FPS gaming is a little bit sparse, and until games like Breed and Chaser arrive and not Forgetting Half-Life 2 in sept, I think I finally may try Jadi Knight 2 since it's going cheap.
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:25
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Lag is bad on that game. Playing it at a friends and with 30 ping its
> ok when every one else has those pings, but if some one has 150 ping
> then the game lags bad.
>
> Maybe give Ghost Recon a shot, as thats another Tom Clancy game. Made
> by Ubi soft again so you might not want it. What about Unreal 2? Seems
> good from what I have seen. To be honest I don't think theres been an
> truly excellent FPS recently. Vietcong has got been getting a few good
> reviews, as well as some good user reviews. What about checking out a
> few older FPS games like Castle Wofenstein if you havent played it.

The netcode for Raven shield is very poor and even when it says optimised for ATI it isnt actually :S
Wed 21/05/03 at 14:27
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Having completed Vietcong my FPS gaming is a little bit sparse, and
> until games like Breed and Chaser arrive and not Forgetting Half-Life
> 2 in sept, I think I finally may try Jadi Knight 2 since it's going
> cheap.

Shame about it being poor online... i mean Vietcong if it was like Medal of Honour (good but short Single player and a multi player that people like)
Wed 21/05/03 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Poor online!!! I've only played a bit on the net but it's certainly a lot more fun than the usual Tactical Shooter, calling in air strikes on enemy positions is never less than fun and the terrain adds to the tactical play.
Wed 21/05/03 at 17:15
Regular
Nah i'm not saying it's poor just not popular.....
shame nowadays u can't find a game with good online gaming and a good single player experience.
As you see in Battlefield 1942...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.