GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My next first person shooter."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 00:17
Regular
Well i've decided to sell Raven shield it's bug ridden... badly coded, laggy and with no cheat protection even when they say it's supposed to have it.
Last 2 patches has fixed zilch and made even bigger problems so i can't be bothered to deal with such bad programming from ubisoft.

Anyway name a first person shooter i should try out besides UT2003 that is better programmed and playable.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:55
Regular
Jedi knight II looks impressive and quite fun if you ask me. i had LOADS of fun stealing the weapons from the stormtroopers and pushing them over several times with the force skills. i especially liked whipping them great distances with the force grip. mind you i only had the demo.....

the graphics on it are quite good for star wars too. and it uses the quake III engine - another good point.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:52
Regular
Alien vs predator 2 is a very nice value game. i got it the other day and it is sooo cool. you can play 3 campaigns; marine, aline or predator, and the three seperate species play different roles. it really is cool, and is probably the game that has had the most effort put into the horror element ive played yet.

dont get Renegade. it's bad, scratchy and single player is far too short. it's also quite irritating.
Thu 22/05/03 at 22:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
locky1133 wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> C&C Generals.
>
> *Falls over laughing*
>
> That would have worked if you'd held your excitement and got it
> right:)

Yeah, i was thinking Renegade but i posted Generals.

*sighs*
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:13
I hear it ships with the Unreal editor.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:04
Regular
it is.....
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:31
Rainbow Six 3 - that's Raven Shield, right?
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
locky1133 wrote:
> Rainbow Six 3. Buy it.

I am wondering whether that is genuine stupidity or an attempt at humour.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Rainbow Six 3. Buy it.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Omnipresent"
cookie monster wrote:
> C&C Generals.
>
> *Falls over laughing*

That would have worked if you'd held your excitement and got it right:)
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:57
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> I've been meaning to get it for a while since I loved the previous two
> Dark Forces games, anyway I got it today. Single players good but not
> great, though I expect things to improve when I get a lightsabre and
> oddly for me I'm currently addicted to online sabre battles, the most
> fun I've had online in a while.

The lightsabre is the best weapon in the whole star wars games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.