GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Todays English Lit paper"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 13:11
Regular
how do you fell you did? I'm not feeling to confident...

Also which Of Mice and Men (if you studied it) question did you do? I did the one about the significance of Lennie and apparently that one was harder and i probobly did poop.

And does anyone else study 'That old rope' in anthology? because that bit wasnt AS hard.
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Muh.

English AS Exams tommorrow.

33.3% of my grade is an A from Coursework.

I've done revision.

Good good. Hopefully.....
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
54 marks for each section
Section A and B, 54 marks for each.
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:12
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
it was 54 marks..
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Most people do a novel and a Section from The NEAB Poetry Anthology.
The novels are usually either Of Mice and Men, or To Kill A Mockigbird.
However, some school decide to use different books, for instance: Lord Of the Flies, or they decide to do war poetry and An Inspector Calls, or The Dragon Book Of Verse and Time And Place poems in the Anthology.

I presume you did the right things Matt.
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
We had three parts:

Of Mice and Men

An inspector Calls

War Poems

And yes, it was AQA.
Thu 22/05/03 at 13:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They were lying to you.
Poems from Other cultures is in the English 2 exam.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well yeah, thats what I thought.

I did a question on Section A which was for my novel, Lord of the Flies, and I did a question on Section B which was for my anthology 'Hearts and Partners' work.

Classmates said they did another question for another section of the anthology - "Other Cultures and Traditions."
I didnt.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
We had AQA, pretty sure there was only 2 sections with 1 question in each. Thats all I did anyway, apparently some of my class did another question.

Ah well.
Thu 22/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"the burning sky"
gerrid wrote:
> Too may notes?

I was wonderin about that.. our teacher told us to rub them out, then on the day of the exam i asked her about them cus i had seen tons of notes in othe peoples books an she goes "the ones without notes will do better blah blah... but it doesnt really matter about them." I got pretty frustrated but i did passage based q's in the end- didnt even use my books! Another funny thing that happened in the exam was about 12 people needed to go to the loo and after the exam they were told to stay behind!!
Thu 22/05/03 at 11:35
Regular
"the burning sky"
We had OCR;
Section A - one question - 50 marks - An Inspector Calls
Section B - one question - 50 marks - Of Mice and Men
Section C - one question - 50 marks - Poetry Anthology

I think it was 50 marks a question i am not sure. We didnt all do the same books either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.