GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Todays English Lit paper"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 13:11
Regular
how do you fell you did? I'm not feeling to confident...

Also which Of Mice and Men (if you studied it) question did you do? I did the one about the significance of Lennie and apparently that one was harder and i probobly did poop.

And does anyone else study 'That old rope' in anthology? because that bit wasnt AS hard.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Hallelujah"
how do you fell you did? I'm not feeling to confident...

Also which Of Mice and Men (if you studied it) question did you do? I did the one about the significance of Lennie and apparently that one was harder and i probobly did poop.

And does anyone else study 'That old rope' in anthology? because that bit wasnt AS hard.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well...

I did the 'Lord of the Flies' question along with the 'Hearts and Partners' section in my anthology.

Writing about Jack in the first section was rather easy but then came the anthology. Section 2, for me, was just so hard. Didnt have many notes in my anthology and I didnt really understand the question.

I reckon I did alright on Section A and poor on Section B.

Its all over with now though, so thats ok.

:oD
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
How the beginning of the play builds tension for the rest of the novel.

We had AQA, y'see...
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wish I'd gotten a passage based question on TKAM. The question about the women was hard, mainly because there was so very much to write.

I liked the vague "compare 3 or 4 poems" Hearts and Partners question though, but again I could have written twice as much as I did (which was all but the last page of the workbook in the end)

j'ai fais tres bien, j'espere
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
SECTION A

"What part Jack plays in the novel

Write about:
*The part he plays
*How Golding uses him to make some of his points"

And...

SECTION B

"Compare 3 or 4 of the poems in Hearts and Partners, show similarities and differences

Write about:
*What the poems are about
*How the writer uses language, form and structure
*How the writer feels about the poems"

---------

Or something like that...

Section B sucked.

:o(
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:28
Regular
"I'm Great."
I remember the Old Rope and all tha rubbish from last year. Actually it's just the names that ring a bell. I wouldn't be too worried about them. I hated poetry but I still came away with something like a B/C for Eng Lit at the end of it all. I didn't really do that much work for them but waffled on about some rubbish about them. Thankfully it is all behind me now.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I wrote about the significance Lennie plays in the novel, i wrote about him making George optomistic and giving him pupose.

I REALLY want a B in this subject, apparently the coursework was excellent but now i fear i've blown it : (
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"8==="
when i did my lit/lang a-level I went from a B to a C because i got bathos mixed up with pathos.

doh!
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I'll get a B, I know it.

I never get an A and I rarely get a C. I shall get B.

:oD

I'll be more excited if I get a C in Maths.
Wed 21/05/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Hercules i envy your confidence!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.