GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My E-Mail to Rare"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 18:13
Regular
Just mailed this to Rareware.com 's 'Scribes'

They'll probably ignore it, but anyhoo...

______

Call me bitter, but did your E3 line up not look as impressive as many would've thought?

I mean, come one, 'Grabbed by the Ghoulies'? it sounds like a game that ubisoft would bring out at Christmas time or an EA game in a similar spirit to 'Ty the Tazmanian Tiger'. I'm okay with crap names - I want Ikaruga for heavens sake -, but only as long as the premise of the game sounds interesting.

Yes, it may be my view and mine only, but unless you do something spectacular and radical - something i've not seen from you since 'Blast Corps' - I really do fear for this game.

One extraordinarily good point I'd like to point out - cel shading. I wonder how many X-Box owners shall be calling Zelda's look childish when they've got 'GBTG' in their collection?

All of them probably.

Also, 'Conkers Bad Fur Day'. What the hell? So you make an X-Box live game, and instead of making it availible to play offline or creating a new game, you add a 5 year old (ish) game onto the package with 'new footage', as if that's meant to amend the fact that you couldn't be bothered to conjuer up another game for us to play. C'mon Rare, I need reasons to buy an X-Box and you're not helping. If you want to port old games onto new systems, go and develop solely for GBA.

Also, I got Starfox the other day. A long busride and a few hours later I felt like I'd rather have spent my money on the abysmal 'Cel Damage'. I thought I'd got myself a Rare gem, and that the cynics that critisised it were just upset with your sale. Now I realise they were telling the truth about how boring it actually is.

Sorry Rare, but you no longer capitivate me.

Matthew

________
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Festivus!"
Just mailed this to Rareware.com 's 'Scribes'

They'll probably ignore it, but anyhoo...

______

Call me bitter, but did your E3 line up not look as impressive as many would've thought?

I mean, come one, 'Grabbed by the Ghoulies'? it sounds like a game that ubisoft would bring out at Christmas time or an EA game in a similar spirit to 'Ty the Tazmanian Tiger'. I'm okay with crap names - I want Ikaruga for heavens sake -, but only as long as the premise of the game sounds interesting.

Yes, it may be my view and mine only, but unless you do something spectacular and radical - something i've not seen from you since 'Blast Corps' - I really do fear for this game.

One extraordinarily good point I'd like to point out - cel shading. I wonder how many X-Box owners shall be calling Zelda's look childish when they've got 'GBTG' in their collection?

All of them probably.

Also, 'Conkers Bad Fur Day'. What the hell? So you make an X-Box live game, and instead of making it availible to play offline or creating a new game, you add a 5 year old (ish) game onto the package with 'new footage', as if that's meant to amend the fact that you couldn't be bothered to conjuer up another game for us to play. C'mon Rare, I need reasons to buy an X-Box and you're not helping. If you want to port old games onto new systems, go and develop solely for GBA.

Also, I got Starfox the other day. A long busride and a few hours later I felt like I'd rather have spent my money on the abysmal 'Cel Damage'. I thought I'd got myself a Rare gem, and that the cynics that critisised it were just upset with your sale. Now I realise they were telling the truth about how boring it actually is.

Sorry Rare, but you no longer capitivate me.

Matthew

________
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:16
Regular
You are just begging for a hit from scribes aren't you :)

I agree though Rare's title has been described as underwhelming and dissapointing.

Oh dear.
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
:-D
Regular
Also tell them that they are gay.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:18
Regular
I still think it looks good.

Like Luigi's Mansion except a fighting game instead of..er..sucking.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I still think it looks good.
>
> Like Luigi's Mansion except a fighting game instead of..er..sucking.

It's been criticised throughout the internet.

Kameo has a bit too.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
Hehe

It's true....well most of it is.

Who wants a bet that the extra bits that are added onto Conker, supposedly the 'uncut' footage, are a load of balls?

I know I'm gonna get called a fanboy here but I gotta say this, Rare are a mear shadow of their former self from what we saw at E3. Back in the day I would have been salivating about new Rare games being announced (okay maybe not Mickey's Speedway) but even though I'm getting a Bill Box, I'm really not particuarly excited by any of their forthcoming titles.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:20
Regular
I am of Perfect Dark 0 and I'm dissapointed by Conker live and uncut.

If CBFD has X-box graphics and an extra level or two it will be worth it.

As long as they don't touch the ending.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Festivus!"
Dringo wrote:
> You are just begging for a hit from scribes aren't you :)
>
> I agree though Rare's title has been described as underwhelming and
> dissapointing.
>
> Oh dear.

I suppose they'll 'slate' me, but who cares?

They'll be like NGC or any other magazine with their 'We choose whther we publish you or not and we're bigger than you so our views are the right ones... nerr' attitude.

Damn them to hell.

All of them.
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Festivus!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Like Luigi's Mansion except a fighting game instead of..er..sucking.

LM is class.

Pure, unadulterated class.

In my opinion, anyways.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.