GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REVIEW POSTING BUG THINGY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 11:17
Regular
Anyone having problems submitting reviews?

I've tryed to put one on numerous times, but everytime it says it's been posted but then it doesn't appear on the site.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:17
Regular
Anyone having problems submitting reviews?

I've tryed to put one on numerous times, but everytime it says it's been posted but then it doesn't appear on the site.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:25
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I hardly ever post reviews. Haven't done so for ages, so I don't quite know what "bug" you're on about.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
P.S

That user called Gaming Guy, going about isn't me under another account.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
As I said on the DVD forum, I have also had the same problem when attempting to post my review of Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition. It says that it's been posted, but when I check, it hasn't. I thought of it as an error on my part, so I tried again and I got the same result. Well, I thought it was just me, until you told me last night (or yesterday morning, cant remember which!). Sibs also said that he tried to post a Conker's Bad Fur Day review but it said that he was over the word limit (bit he claims that he wasn't) and so, he had to skim his review down. I think that Sibs probably wrote it in Word and it appeared longer in the actual posting window because Word doesn't count spaces etc as characters, so they msut be considered when writing a review, which is rather annoying. I hope that Windows XP is different though, with a better Word system.

Hope I helped.
Gaming Guy.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:33
Regular
That doesn't make any sense though, i've written reviews in Word before and copy pasted them over to Special Reserve, and there's been no problems.
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> P.S

That user called Gaming Guy, going about isn't me under another account.

Oh, sorry mate. An honest mistake, I didn't know there was a Gaming Boy already taken. Sorry again. Oh, Tiltawhirl, it's just when you cut and paste your reviews into the posting window, the review will seem longer than you (and Word) thought because Word does not count return and spacebar presses for some strange reason. Does that make it any clearer?
Sat 03/11/01 at 11:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It's okay. Nothing wrong with it. I don't mind.

People 'll probably tell us apart by the colour of our nicknames.
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:46
Regular
well mine wont even let me see any thing else i click send and nothing happens so if about 5 come up from me of Devil May Cry it aint my fault because i clicked it because i was trying to get it to work
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't think it was that cos I did write in on the submit reviews thing, and it said I had about 10 characters (or something stupidly small) before I was over, but still said I was over when I submitted. I then copied and pasted into word to skim it down (and check the spelling!), then copied and paasted it back into SR, when it said I had about 150-200 characters till I ran out, and that time it worked.
Sat 03/11/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ah, I just posted a topic above, I didnt see this one.. oops.

Yes I have had problems since yesterday. Any news on when its going to be fixed?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.