GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Rogue Leader"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
It just occurred to me that this game hasn't been discussed much here, and I am really hyped about it, and can't wait to read an import review of it, when it's released in the States.

Rogue Leader takes the Rogue Squadron great gameplay, and difficult levels and objectives, multiplies the graphical looks by a large number (too big for my miniscule intelligence to handle!), and adds loads of inventive features. For example, you can fire fast constant stream of lasers, but leave them and they automatically charge, and when you next fire you get a better shot, like in the X-wing, all four wings fire at once. Also the L and R buttons analogue features are used really well. press them a little and you will slow or speed up a little, and the effect will increase the more you push, until you get all the way down and do the extra 'click' thing on the button, then you either go really slow, or the X-wing wings will shut and you'll speed along at breakneck speeds!

You can even order your wingmen to do stuff like form up, flee, or target specific stuff like the Tie-Fighters, or the enemy Turrets. This adds a whole new element to play. Another cool feature is the targetting computer, which highlights enemies and objectives in pastel shades (which could be useful for those dark space levels).

You get to play all the best dogfights from the original Star Wars Trilogy, including Battle of Hoth, and the infamous Trench Run!

So what are your impressions about this game, in terms of the features, graphics, and anything else. Also what do you think about the choice of no multiplayer?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It just occurred to me that this game hasn't been discussed much here, and I am really hyped about it, and can't wait to read an import review of it, when it's released in the States.

Rogue Leader takes the Rogue Squadron great gameplay, and difficult levels and objectives, multiplies the graphical looks by a large number (too big for my miniscule intelligence to handle!), and adds loads of inventive features. For example, you can fire fast constant stream of lasers, but leave them and they automatically charge, and when you next fire you get a better shot, like in the X-wing, all four wings fire at once. Also the L and R buttons analogue features are used really well. press them a little and you will slow or speed up a little, and the effect will increase the more you push, until you get all the way down and do the extra 'click' thing on the button, then you either go really slow, or the X-wing wings will shut and you'll speed along at breakneck speeds!

You can even order your wingmen to do stuff like form up, flee, or target specific stuff like the Tie-Fighters, or the enemy Turrets. This adds a whole new element to play. Another cool feature is the targetting computer, which highlights enemies and objectives in pastel shades (which could be useful for those dark space levels).

You get to play all the best dogfights from the original Star Wars Trilogy, including Battle of Hoth, and the infamous Trench Run!

So what are your impressions about this game, in terms of the features, graphics, and anything else. Also what do you think about the choice of no multiplayer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.