GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Rogue Leader"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
It just occurred to me that this game hasn't been discussed much here, and I am really hyped about it, and can't wait to read an import review of it, when it's released in the States.

Rogue Leader takes the Rogue Squadron great gameplay, and difficult levels and objectives, multiplies the graphical looks by a large number (too big for my miniscule intelligence to handle!), and adds loads of inventive features. For example, you can fire fast constant stream of lasers, but leave them and they automatically charge, and when you next fire you get a better shot, like in the X-wing, all four wings fire at once. Also the L and R buttons analogue features are used really well. press them a little and you will slow or speed up a little, and the effect will increase the more you push, until you get all the way down and do the extra 'click' thing on the button, then you either go really slow, or the X-wing wings will shut and you'll speed along at breakneck speeds!

You can even order your wingmen to do stuff like form up, flee, or target specific stuff like the Tie-Fighters, or the enemy Turrets. This adds a whole new element to play. Another cool feature is the targetting computer, which highlights enemies and objectives in pastel shades (which could be useful for those dark space levels).

You get to play all the best dogfights from the original Star Wars Trilogy, including Battle of Hoth, and the infamous Trench Run!

So what are your impressions about this game, in terms of the features, graphics, and anything else. Also what do you think about the choice of no multiplayer?
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It just occurred to me that this game hasn't been discussed much here, and I am really hyped about it, and can't wait to read an import review of it, when it's released in the States.

Rogue Leader takes the Rogue Squadron great gameplay, and difficult levels and objectives, multiplies the graphical looks by a large number (too big for my miniscule intelligence to handle!), and adds loads of inventive features. For example, you can fire fast constant stream of lasers, but leave them and they automatically charge, and when you next fire you get a better shot, like in the X-wing, all four wings fire at once. Also the L and R buttons analogue features are used really well. press them a little and you will slow or speed up a little, and the effect will increase the more you push, until you get all the way down and do the extra 'click' thing on the button, then you either go really slow, or the X-wing wings will shut and you'll speed along at breakneck speeds!

You can even order your wingmen to do stuff like form up, flee, or target specific stuff like the Tie-Fighters, or the enemy Turrets. This adds a whole new element to play. Another cool feature is the targetting computer, which highlights enemies and objectives in pastel shades (which could be useful for those dark space levels).

You get to play all the best dogfights from the original Star Wars Trilogy, including Battle of Hoth, and the infamous Trench Run!

So what are your impressions about this game, in terms of the features, graphics, and anything else. Also what do you think about the choice of no multiplayer?
Sat 03/11/01 at 09:08
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I saw the FMV of the Death star thingy and it looked...Lost of words...

this game is likey to maybe be the best game to be released on gamecube when it comes out.

P.S. i found out i was 100 place in that contest.
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:19
Regular
"Whatever!"
This is the game that tempted me into getting a GC - Its going to be the best Star Wars game ever!!
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
It is also rumoured you get to fly the Millenium Falcon. Hopefully there will be other secret craft, like maybe Darth Vaders special Tie Fighter, or something like that.

It'd be really cool if you got to play that bit in Return of the Jedi, where the Wookie (can't remember his name) nicks that AT-ST on the planet with all those teddy bears (what are those things called? They look like the Tribals from Jet Force Gemini) and goes around killing all the stormtroopers. You'd have to get to the base before Han and Luke got overwhelmed with enemies.
Sun 04/11/01 at 01:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Rogur Leader does look like being one of the best Star Wars games EVER!

The level of detail looks amazing, and from what i've seen from the movie clips, the game looks like it's gonna play like the dream!

I love the way that when you fly towards a massive ship it only slightly gradually gets bigger, and adds to the effect of the ship looking HUGH!

This is gonna be one killer of a game, and is gonna be one of the first games I get for my Gamecube when I get it next year!

:)
Sun 04/11/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cheers for making another Rogue Leader topic, then making it about 3 times as popular as mine!

Evil-Cooky strikes again!

:-)
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:03
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I made that other thread on the 13th of last month!

:)
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oops!

Well it had died hadn't it?
Sun 04/11/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yep - I think its true about being able to fly the Millenium Falcon through bonus stages apparantley!!
Sun 04/11/01 at 21:43
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
You can play as the falcon on the N64 anyway...

? wow...You can play as the falcon on RS2!
Even though that you can do it in RS1!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.