GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 (a complaint)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 19:35
Regular
I am currently crying at the sight of something on the screen in front of me.

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 (RATED 18)
Released 30/3
For PC CD Rom

That's about 5 months away. Five months of hurt. This is a game I really really want but won't be able to play as I have no PS2.

As a PC CD Rom owner I have witnessed all my favourite games being released on my platform but this time they have got me where it hurts.

I know how it feels now. I know how it feels to have a game you want more than anything dangled in front of your nose. If it was one month maybe I would be able to make it through. But five months is taking the mickey.

Yet everywhere I go I'm hearing only praise for GTA3. I even got a PS2 mag (despite having no PS2) just to see a GTA3 review. On the train going home I heard a group of people talking about their drive by shootings and I'm come home and all I hear on this board is GTA3 is amazing!

Yet there seems no reason for me to get a PS2. If I get one the only game I will probably want is GTA3. It's not worth it. So in effect I am paying around £200 just for this game. Is it worth it I'm not sure.

All I do know is I am being driven insane by not being able to play this game. Last night I even dreamt about buying a Playstation 2 for some reason. No idea why but if I recall it correctly I was looking at different PS2 deals and then I woke up. I seem to remember GTA3 and a PS2 were 210 pounds. Very strange I know.

But these release dates! Why do they release them in such a way. It seems unfair. When GTA3 was out on the PS2 I automatically assumed it was on the PC or would soon be out but it's far from either.

Release dates suck, I'm sure I'll either get a PS2 or wait till March to play the game but I'm not happy. That is my only complaint.

It may look like a good game, and may be a good game but as long as it's not in my hands and playable I will hate it.
Enough said I think.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Rakuga, you must be joking! When I read that, I nearly passed out. I was expecting to pop down to town tomorrow and find it there, but it won't be, for an entire 5 months! This is really hisheartening news to PC fans. But, the question is, why such the big wait?
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:35
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I am currently crying at the sight of something on the screen in front of me.

GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 (RATED 18)
Released 30/3
For PC CD Rom

That's about 5 months away. Five months of hurt. This is a game I really really want but won't be able to play as I have no PS2.

As a PC CD Rom owner I have witnessed all my favourite games being released on my platform but this time they have got me where it hurts.

I know how it feels now. I know how it feels to have a game you want more than anything dangled in front of your nose. If it was one month maybe I would be able to make it through. But five months is taking the mickey.

Yet everywhere I go I'm hearing only praise for GTA3. I even got a PS2 mag (despite having no PS2) just to see a GTA3 review. On the train going home I heard a group of people talking about their drive by shootings and I'm come home and all I hear on this board is GTA3 is amazing!

Yet there seems no reason for me to get a PS2. If I get one the only game I will probably want is GTA3. It's not worth it. So in effect I am paying around £200 just for this game. Is it worth it I'm not sure.

All I do know is I am being driven insane by not being able to play this game. Last night I even dreamt about buying a Playstation 2 for some reason. No idea why but if I recall it correctly I was looking at different PS2 deals and then I woke up. I seem to remember GTA3 and a PS2 were 210 pounds. Very strange I know.

But these release dates! Why do they release them in such a way. It seems unfair. When GTA3 was out on the PS2 I automatically assumed it was on the PC or would soon be out but it's far from either.

Release dates suck, I'm sure I'll either get a PS2 or wait till March to play the game but I'm not happy. That is my only complaint.

It may look like a good game, and may be a good game but as long as it's not in my hands and playable I will hate it.
Enough said I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.