GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Temptation is a bugger"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 18:14
Regular
What a fine old pickle I'm in. While I sit here and read all your comments on GTA3 being the best game ever, and all the cool stuff you can do in it, I still don't have a copy. Why? Because I'm a greedy git. Here's my problem - There's the possibility that, seeing as I'm in the 'industry' and everyfink, that I may blag a free 'promotional' copy of the game. But, this may not turn up for a week, two weeks, maybe not at all. Working for a games company and all, obviously the temptation is there to just go downstairs and buy a copy, but then, knowing my god-awful luck, the promo will turn up five minutes later.

So, what would you do? If you stopped talking about it, that might help. I'm an impatient sod, but not to the tune of 30 odd quid. But it sounds really good. But I might get it for free. See what I mean? What do I do? Help me, please.
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:14
What a fine old pickle I'm in. While I sit here and read all your comments on GTA3 being the best game ever, and all the cool stuff you can do in it, I still don't have a copy. Why? Because I'm a greedy git. Here's my problem - There's the possibility that, seeing as I'm in the 'industry' and everyfink, that I may blag a free 'promotional' copy of the game. But, this may not turn up for a week, two weeks, maybe not at all. Working for a games company and all, obviously the temptation is there to just go downstairs and buy a copy, but then, knowing my god-awful luck, the promo will turn up five minutes later.

So, what would you do? If you stopped talking about it, that might help. I'm an impatient sod, but not to the tune of 30 odd quid. But it sounds really good. But I might get it for free. See what I mean? What do I do? Help me, please.
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Buy it then if you do get a promo copy, sell one on, preferably to me for a low, low price! :D
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Wasting away"
I think you should get it now. I had the same feeling, if I was trying to win GAD but I wouldn't know if I would win or not, then I'd go into town and buy it. The same goes for orders, unless I can't be bothered to get off the computer then I'll normally buy it in town as I hate having to wait for orders to arrive.

'God grant me patience.........but hurry'
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:20
Regular
Now you know how us Scottish people feel waiting on your second class GAD deliveries in the middle of an Anthrax scare.

:D
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:21
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
Buy it, keep the recipet (sp) if the promotional copy arrives take the one you brought back, nasty but simple.

Either that or sneak downsatairs and nab yourself a copy while no one is looking, nab me a copy of it while you there too and a PS2 if you're not too busy..
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Wasting away"
.....and a MaxPC, a freeola acount, Alien Versus Predator 2, Return To Wolfenstien and........
Fri 02/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
You become a freelancer on the side - then they have to get you them quick as it be a total waste if it arrives late as on one will want the review and hence you'll have just sent some scabby wee journo a game and got no publicity out of it.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
Go buy a copy. If the freebie turns up, blag it to us in a hilarious competition. Such as taking photos of ourselves trying to publicise Special Reserve as much as posible.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Forget about the promo and just buy it! Being on the inside and all, it's easier for you! So take advantage and get your copy!

:)
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dont Elactranics Bontec have some sort of no quibble refund policy?

Or you could hire it from Blockbusters for the weekend?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.