GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I Get A Gamecube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 11:50
Regular
I own a PS2 and dont getv me wrong i love it, but most people these days have about 3 consoles and im now at the age where i can afford another..one of which will not be that coffee maker of a console the x-box. Now i never owned a nes, loved the snes, hated the 64 and was never a hand held gamer, but i do enjoy my friends GC and now that the compotition is heating up between sony and nintendo they are both getting more exclusives so perhaps it would just be better to own the bother of them. ANyone know of any really good deals? GAME are doing a not bad deal, either £130 for a plt GC plat controller and wind waker (and for like another 20 bucks you can get another game, metriod prime, PSO to name a few). But no card, anyone know of any better?
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:30
"!Basement Clucking!"
Yeah i suppose lol But end of the day i'll read up on it all and make my own desicion.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
You really shouldn't ask that question in here unless you want a barage of extremely Gamecube bias replies. Try the FOG chat, it will still have a lot of nintys but you will recieve some honest answers instead of ones that may dissapoint you when you get the console.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:25
"!Basement Clucking!"
I dont doubt that, i just felt it didnt have enough other good games (although there were some) for me, and since i wasnt a fan of FPS or platformers it wasnt worth me getting. Since it was twice as powerfull as the PS i was ready to get it (and keep my PS) when it was worth it for me but it never really was, at that age i couldnt afford to buy a console for a few games. Zelda was excelent though.
Fri 23/05/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Conker the King"
Alter Ego wrote:
> Basically it stood on FPS and PLatformers, i dont like either of these
> genres so i was dissapointed in it. Im not saying it sucked, im just
> saying that it didnt appeal to me as a person.

That is such a shame!
I really do believe that the N64 was slated unfairly as a platforming/FPS console. Did you ever have an N64? If you did, there were some amazing games that i'm sure you would've loved, that weren't platformers like - BEETLE ADVENTURE RACING / WAVE RACE 64 / DIDDY KONG RACING / BLAST CORPS / STAR WARS RACER / F ZERO / HYDRO THUNDER / ROGUE SQUADRON I could go on and on and on..............

The fact is, the N64 WAS NOT just a platforming / FPS console. It had and has some of the greatest games you could ever want to play!
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:02
"!Basement Clucking!"
Basically it stood on FPS and PLatformers, i dont like either of these genres so i was dissapointed in it. Im not saying it sucked, im just saying that it didnt appeal to me as a person.
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Conker the King"
Alter Ego wrote:
>
> yes there is a desicion, i have to decide what second game to get.
> And no, i like nintendo but the 64 dissapointed me but i forgive them.

Please tell me one GOOD reason why the N64 let you down. In its heyday it was superior to any other console and still there are some games on the N64 that surpass so called next gen games of today!
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:50
"!Basement Clucking!"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Alter Ego wrote:
>
>
> Damn desicions...
>
> There isn't a decision to make for gods sake!
>
> Just get out there and buy one. Within 3 minutes you'll realise that
> you should've bought on on the 3rd May 2002, RELEASE DAY!
>
> Gamecube is fantastic.
>
> Long live the N64!

yes there is a desicion, i have to decide what second game to get. And no, i like nintendo but the 64 dissapointed me but i forgive them.
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:47
"!Basement Clucking!"
§niper wrote:
> Alter Ego wrote:
> my ps2 is a multi player machine, i am in no desperate need of a
> multi
> player game lol
>
> The cube actually has 4 ports plus it has some good multiplayer
> games.. for 4 players.

I didnt mean it in a 'the ps2 is better for Multi player games than the GC' what i meant was its a multi player machine because fo the vast amounts of multi player games i have for it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Conker the King"
Alter Ego wrote:
>
>
> Damn desicions...

There isn't a decision to make for gods sake!

Just get out there and buy one. Within 3 minutes you'll realise that you should've bought on on the 3rd May 2002, RELEASE DAY!

Gamecube is fantastic.

Long live the N64!
Fri 23/05/03 at 16:45
Regular
Alter Ego wrote:
> my ps2 is a multi player machine, i am in no desperate need of a multi
> player game lol

The cube actually has 4 ports plus it has some good multiplayer games.. for 4 players.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.