GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola World Cup Prediction Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/06/10 at 16:13
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Show Spoiler

The prediction schedule can be found here:
Show Spoiler

[/SPOILER]
Final League Table

User ------- Point Increase ------ Total

DAV2612 5 [b]58[/b]

Alfoncy 7 55
Butch 3 50
HM 4 48
theweirdo666 4 48
HighflyerVII 8 48
Warhunt 7 47
Dragonlance 4 46
Sonic Chris 6 43
Emmie87 0 38

pb 0 30
McLong 0 25
jubba 0 8
Machie 0 1
Page:
Mon 12/07/10 at 16:27
Regular
May I have the hat if my name isn't drawn?
Mon 12/07/10 at 16:09
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sounds to me like you are suggesting we remove your name from the hat...
Mon 12/07/10 at 15:52
Regular
"How Ironic"
If I remember the last 'out of a hat' GAD, I was drawn twice :P
Mon 12/07/10 at 12:57
Regular
Gutted. Well done Dav :)
Mon 12/07/10 at 12:28
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Cheers Butch!

And well done dav! Great performance (did you take tips from that psychic octopus? :D)
Mon 12/07/10 at 12:23
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Thank you for the kind words guys, while it was a bit hectic toward the beginning of the tournament, it was still fun to do. I'm glad you all enjoyed it and hope the bonuses were enough to keep you entertained, and interested, until the end!

As expected, dav ended up taking the title narrowly from Alfoncy, winning himself a GAD in the process.

Warhunt and I have had a conversation this morning and decided as an extra special treat to all of you, an additional GAD prize will be awarded to one of the users that stuck with this until the end. Everybody in the 'main' league table above (excluding myself and WH for obvious reasons, plus dav as he has already got one) will be eligible. Names will be drawn out of a hat later today.

I am happy for Emmie to take back over the Premier League prediction thread, assuming he will be around enough to keep it updated. Unless he informs us otherwise, I would assume he will be running it again.

@dav: Please follow the standard GAD claiming procedure for your winnings.
Mon 12/07/10 at 08:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Quite happy to say that Spain deserved the win. How the Netherlands still had 11 men on the pitch at half time I do not know. They could have easily been down to 7 by the end of the game!

Indeed it has been an enjoyable thread. I take the premier league would be too big to sort out for one of these, unless it is done in the same format as Emmie's?
Mon 12/07/10 at 01:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well the world cup was interesting this year. Bit more open than it usually is, with most of the big teams being knocked out quite early. Would've been nice to see Ghana get through to the semis, even if Germany would've beaten them. Spain and Holland deserved to be there at the end, they played well constantly. David Villa is the player of the tournament for me, with the biggest flop being Torres. Despite Messi not finding the back of the net, he contributed in other areas, Torres has just been aweful.

In other news, this thread has been most enjoyable. Congrats to dav for a pretty comfortable win, and thanks to Butch for organising this whole shindig. Roll on the premier league :)
Sun 11/07/10 at 19:47
Regular
"And in last place.."
It's far from over but having been at the top for way longer than I expected, I reserve the right to cry like a baby if I lose.

And thanks the Butch for running this... keeping the scores up to date can't have been fun.
Sun 11/07/10 at 18:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> Don't think you can beat Dav though. He has pretty much the same
> predictions as you this round. Unless the one or two differences
> get you the golden 21 points :D
>

One or two definite differences I would say looking at Dav's 3rd/4th and Final prediction :¬))
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.