GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Wrestling game ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
Def Jam Vendetta rocks my spandex.

It's basically No mercy with much improved graphics, no gay men in leotards and a lot faster smoother game play.

It's sooooo good. Because Aki haven't had to keep to a WWF license some of the moves are completly over the top and look brilliant. They're all pretty realistic and possible, it's just that if you did some of the special moves on people in real life, there's no doubt that they'd kill them.

For example one of my character's special moves, he snaps their back on his leg, punches them twice in the face then does a massive spinning pile driver so they land on the back of their neck.

Muchos TKO stylee.

The atmosphere in the game is great too. All the fights take place in arenas like strip bars and nightclubs and stuff, Funkmaster Flex is on the decks mixing the 'phat beats' as you fight and also commentating.

Whoever it was that said the control are unresponsiv on the PS2 demo either has a messed up controller or forgot to plug it in. The fights are so smooth and the contorls are great. The reversal system has been brought on a bit from No Mercy as well. At one point I was fighting Scar Face, we managed to get about 8 reversals at once, he revesed me I reversed him etc etc until I eventually flaw the punk. It looks sweet.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
Def Jam Vendetta rocks my spandex.

It's basically No mercy with much improved graphics, no gay men in leotards and a lot faster smoother game play.

It's sooooo good. Because Aki haven't had to keep to a WWF license some of the moves are completly over the top and look brilliant. They're all pretty realistic and possible, it's just that if you did some of the special moves on people in real life, there's no doubt that they'd kill them.

For example one of my character's special moves, he snaps their back on his leg, punches them twice in the face then does a massive spinning pile driver so they land on the back of their neck.

Muchos TKO stylee.

The atmosphere in the game is great too. All the fights take place in arenas like strip bars and nightclubs and stuff, Funkmaster Flex is on the decks mixing the 'phat beats' as you fight and also commentating.

Whoever it was that said the control are unresponsiv on the PS2 demo either has a messed up controller or forgot to plug it in. The fights are so smooth and the contorls are great. The reversal system has been brought on a bit from No Mercy as well. At one point I was fighting Scar Face, we managed to get about 8 reversals at once, he revesed me I reversed him etc etc until I eventually flaw the punk. It looks sweet.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And Ghostface is in it yeah?

Oooooooh I want.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
yeah it is an amzing game and you cant beat the likes of redman rappin in the background to smash sumthin! Its cool when you have to decide what lady to pick...
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:43
"Uzi Lover"
I use to like that Smash Sumthing song.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Its a good wrestling game, got a damn good engine...

But...

It certainly doesnt deserve the title of "Best Wrestling game ever."

Three words for you:

Fire Pro Wrestling.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:45
Regular
Yip.

Ghostface, Method Man, DMX, Redman, Ludacris (SP), CNN, Scarface, Keith Murray, Funkmaster Flex and some others who i've never heard of.

Only met Scarface so far.

The game's a lot harder than no Mercy. Took me about 5 times to beat Scarface, he kept reversing everything I did.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I played a demo on PS2, I it seemed to me like you just end up doing the same moves over and over again. I got pretty bored.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:55
Regular
You can do that with any fighting game. Thing is you won't win like that as repeating the same moves means you won't gain any momentum meaning you won't be able to pull of special moves and you'll most likely get ya @s-s whooped.

The computer Ai really doesn't take any prisoners, I'm quite suprised at how hard some of the fights are.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Tilta, give me your MSN whilst I try to brainwarp you.
Fri 23/05/03 at 12:59
Regular
I'm at work so it ain't on at the moment but it's

[email protected]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.