GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Wrestling game ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
Def Jam Vendetta rocks my spandex.

It's basically No mercy with much improved graphics, no gay men in leotards and a lot faster smoother game play.

It's sooooo good. Because Aki haven't had to keep to a WWF license some of the moves are completly over the top and look brilliant. They're all pretty realistic and possible, it's just that if you did some of the special moves on people in real life, there's no doubt that they'd kill them.

For example one of my character's special moves, he snaps their back on his leg, punches them twice in the face then does a massive spinning pile driver so they land on the back of their neck.

Muchos TKO stylee.

The atmosphere in the game is great too. All the fights take place in arenas like strip bars and nightclubs and stuff, Funkmaster Flex is on the decks mixing the 'phat beats' as you fight and also commentating.

Whoever it was that said the control are unresponsiv on the PS2 demo either has a messed up controller or forgot to plug it in. The fights are so smooth and the contorls are great. The reversal system has been brought on a bit from No Mercy as well. At one point I was fighting Scar Face, we managed to get about 8 reversals at once, he revesed me I reversed him etc etc until I eventually flaw the punk. It looks sweet.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:07
Regular
"One More Chance"
I now seem to have 2 trophies. The one shaped like an eye and the very last one. And I have 120/120 of the photos.

So one more trophy and I've fully completed the game.

Still don't have a clue how I got the two trophies though...
Mon 26/05/03 at 16:57
Regular
"One More Chance"
With Tank that is.
Mon 26/05/03 at 16:56
Regular
"One More Chance"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What's ya highest on Survival mode?

>I got 8 on hard, pretty feeble really but I was using a pretty pants
> character.

I can't remember how many, but I lasted for 30 minutes on medium. Then lost to Masa.

Tilta, have you found anything about those trophies? Or got one? I'll see what happens if I finish story mode for the last time Tank.
Mon 26/05/03 at 12:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
*scores aswell*
Mon 26/05/03 at 12:08
Regular
*scores
Mon 26/05/03 at 12:08
Regular
I reckon you could probably get through the main game in a weekend and unlock the majority of the cars.

Crash mode will most likely keep you coming back to get better socres though.
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:26
Regular
Played it on Dreamcast and it does indeed rule. Greatest Pure RPG I have ever played but it doesn't have pick up and play value. How long do you think Burnout 2 would last before the novelty wares off? I read about the survival style mode which sounds brilliant.
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:15
Regular
Isn't exactly pick up and play though is it?

Ya should get it at some point though, tis superb.
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:12
Regular
pftt

Get Skies you loon
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:04
Regular
One thing about Burnout 2 is, it won't last you as long as the other 2 games.

NBA Street 2 has got the most to do, there's so much to unlock it's almost scary.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.