GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big Boss Theory"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
This is seeming more and more likely. Many press interviews and clips suggest that MGS3 takes place in the 1960's - for a start this makes it a lot more likely that Big Boss, Snake's father, is the main character of the game, as Snake wouldn't be old enough. Also, it explains why he would look so much like Snake. And it explains why he's in the jungle.

Plus:

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ mgs3/media/media6/bossevidence2.jpg

Surely that has some significance? It can't be just a coincidence, to me it seems like a meticulously planned affair. Even if he isn't the main character he must have a significant role in the game.

And sorry for yet another MGS3 topic...
Fri 23/05/03 at 22:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Erm...yes, sure it will.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
*hand up*

Yeah sorry, got that wrong, anyway...I've still read that sentence about 30 times now and it still doesn't make sense.

Oooo online MGS3....it'll be like Matrix Reloaded with a 100 Agent Smiths all running around shooting at each other :)
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Snake Eater"
MGS2 was short but still alot better then the others and MGS3 is surposed to have online caperbility so it will be the best MGS yet.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
He got it wrong, there was only one negative. A double negative would be "You haven't got no problem with MGS2", they would cancel each other out. But you were being sarcastic anyway.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:14
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Where are the two negatives???? DoesN'T, there's one.... nope that's it.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Actually it's only got one negative in. It makes perfect sense.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I reckon this is going to be massively different from MGS2. Konami certainly do listen to their fans (just check all the "Only the snake is the true hero!" messages in the 12 minute trailer).

It looks absolutely breathtaking. If they can spin out the gameplay to be more than a few spectacular set pieces this is going to blow everything out of the water (and if you've watched the trailer you know what I mean, lol).
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
As far as I can remember, you have to lie on the floor to go into the tunnels to get the rations...
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Darwock wrote:
> Yeah that doesn't seem to be a problem with Metal Gear you've got
> there Jive...

Darwock, do you want to rephrase that sentence because it's got two negatives in it and makes no sense.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah that doesn't seem to be a problem with Metal Gear you've got there Jive...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.