GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big Boss Theory"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
This is seeming more and more likely. Many press interviews and clips suggest that MGS3 takes place in the 1960's - for a start this makes it a lot more likely that Big Boss, Snake's father, is the main character of the game, as Snake wouldn't be old enough. Also, it explains why he would look so much like Snake. And it explains why he's in the jungle.

Plus:

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ mgs3/media/media6/bossevidence2.jpg

Surely that has some significance? It can't be just a coincidence, to me it seems like a meticulously planned affair. Even if he isn't the main character he must have a significant role in the game.

And sorry for yet another MGS3 topic...
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
This is seeming more and more likely. Many press interviews and clips suggest that MGS3 takes place in the 1960's - for a start this makes it a lot more likely that Big Boss, Snake's father, is the main character of the game, as Snake wouldn't be old enough. Also, it explains why he would look so much like Snake. And it explains why he's in the jungle.

Plus:

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ mgs3/media/media6/bossevidence2.jpg

Surely that has some significance? It can't be just a coincidence, to me it seems like a meticulously planned affair. Even if he isn't the main character he must have a significant role in the game.

And sorry for yet another MGS3 topic...
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
*snore*
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Snore thing :)
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
:D

You know this is gonna be as rubbish as MGS2 and Substance don't you?
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MGS2 wasn't rubbish. It's better than Splinter Cell.

And I didn't bother with Substance at all, because I'm not about to pay again for the same game with a few extras.

If they can give a few varied environments (the jungle seems pretty varied to me), and not make some of the set pieces exactly the same as the previous ones, it'll be great.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
My opinion was MGS2 was pants! But hey that's my opinion only, still MGS3 is going to be exactly the same as 2 and Substance with different environments.

I can imagine the scene....walking through the jungle, oh look there's a little leaf from a branch sticking out into this river that I'm creeping down.....hey why wont (insert character name here) move up the river any longer, seems to be stuck behind this immovable object that any normal or weakest person would brush aside without even thinking about it.

Pants pants pants!
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Jive wrote:
> still
> MGS3 is going to be exactly the same as 2 and Substance with different
> environments.

And you know this how...?

> I can imagine the scene....walking through the jungle, oh look there's
> a little leaf from a branch sticking out into this river that I'm
> creeping down.....hey why wont (insert character name here) move up
> the river any longer, seems to be stuck behind this immovable object
> that any normal or weakest person would brush aside without even
> thinking about it.

I don't even know what you're talking about now.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Blank wrote:
> And you know this how...?

Well everyone else knows everything about MGS3 so I thought I'd jump in on the old fence and say a bit :)

> I don't even know what you're talking about now.

Oh ffs, just think back to MGS2, playing as either character, things that you and I would do, everyday normal things like climb on a box or step over a pipe instead of laying on the floor when no ones around just to go and pick up a ration etc etc

This is supposed to be amazing and yet there's so much you can't do and that other games allow you too.....just pants.
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah that doesn't seem to be a problem with Metal Gear you've got there Jive...
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Darwock wrote:
> Yeah that doesn't seem to be a problem with Metal Gear you've got
> there Jive...

Darwock, do you want to rephrase that sentence because it's got two negatives in it and makes no sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.