GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New SR mag and Free Gift Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 11:11
Regular
Has anyone else got the new SR mag? Its pretty good and I think they've made it longer!

Anyway - does anyone own that new free gift steering wheel for the Ps2? Will it be crap?
I just want to know as I'm getting my PS2 and it looks like a decent Free Gift.
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:11
Has anyone else got the new SR mag? Its pretty good and I think they've made it longer!

Anyway - does anyone own that new free gift steering wheel for the Ps2? Will it be crap?
I just want to know as I'm getting my PS2 and it looks like a decent Free Gift.
Fri 02/11/01 at 12:36
"possibly impossible"
ooh. Should have that when I get home today (the mag, not the wheel) Might get that wheel. Who cares if it is a bit crap, it's free!

Is there anything about the forums in the mag this time?
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:16
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
pb wrote:
> ooh. Should have that when I get home today (the mag, not the wheel) Might get
> that wheel. Who cares if it is a bit crap, it's free!

Is there anything
> about the forums in the mag this time?

Yes there is a club news page. Apparently SR went go-karting! Theres a lovely picture of Tony in a nice orange suit and apparently he won (look guys did you really have to suck up to the boss :))

Hopefully they will have more photos of the action and put them on their own webpage.
I'm flicking through now seeing if any bargains catch my eye.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Rakuga wrote:
> pb wrote:
> ooh. Should have that when I get home today (the mag, not the
> wheel) Might get
> that wheel. Who cares if it is a bit crap, it's free!
>

Is there anything
> about the forums in the mag this time?

Yes there
> is a club news page. Apparently SR went go-karting! Theres a lovely picture of
> Tony in a nice orange suit and apparently he won (look guys did you really have
> to suck up to the boss :))

Yes, I just checked that too! He looked different to what I imagined. Ali@specialreserve was in there too! Well, it was a little hard to find in the mag and the picture was a little small, but it was still good to see the faces hiding behind the computers of Ali@specialreserve and Tony. Then again, I can always enlarge the pictures with my Tiny(c) scanner and post on the internet!
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:32
"possibly impossible"
hm. Nice overalls guys! Still no new Notable pics then? Obviously they want to keep all their readers, which is why they didn't post pics of me and Wookie! ;-)
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
pb wrote:
> hm. Nice overalls guys! Still no new Notable pics then? Obviously they want
> to keep all their readers, which is why they didn't post pics of me and Wookie!
> ;-)

Yeh they have been wondering whether to post them or not since you first sent the pictures to them.

After careful (and understandable) consideration I hear Tony felt that changes would have to be made. Expect some Adam Rickett and Jamie Mitchell from Eastenders lookalikes for the next issue. :)
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
pb wrote:
> hm. Nice overalls guys! Still no new Notable pics then? Obviously they want
> to keep all their readers, which is why they didn't post pics of me and Wookie!
> ;-)

Why...? You ugly or just too good-looking to be seen?!

Anyway, I read the SR mag and I'm thinking of joining. Those free gifts are pretty tempting!!!

Nice suit Tony :-)
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:42
Regular
The only thing about the forums is a table with the top posters of last month and a table with the top GAD winners, no profiles :(
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:48
"possibly impossible"
hm. Well, it could be better, we could have so many pages for this forum, so much goes on. They could do like the front page of a newspaper, all the scandel and gossip in this place!
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:58
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Yes there should be more pages in the SR mag for ukchatforums.

I read it more than anything.
Maybe they should devote 4 or so pages of club news and customer reviews. They could stick adverts within the pages and it would get more readers.

Go on! Pleeeeeasse!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.