GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Web Server 8 unavailable."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/06/10 at 18:19
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
Could you please check out web server 8 (standard hosting) as my sites are currently unavailable.

HTTP fails, FTP still available.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/06/10 at 12:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What other information do you require?

The service email and the status updates should cover all aspects for all effected customers, but I'll try and answer any other queries you have Hmmm...

If you are referring to the short outage this morning, it seems we have no record of the downtime at the moment, although several customers have mentioned it in hindsight.
Tue 15/06/10 at 08:22
"Are you sure?"
After spending a lot of time yesterday putting my sites back together I'm disappointed to see server 8 is unavailable again this morning!

Can't see any change on the Status page...

FTP and HTTP are both failing for me :¬(

EDIT: Service has returned - let's hope that was a blip as I don't want to FTP and CHMOD a zillion files again...

Freeola - more information/updates would be nice.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/06/10 at 19:37
"Are you sure?"
Out of my affected sites I'm still having trouble with one of them displaying 403's even though there is an 'index.htm' present.

Don't think it's me - I've checked the spelling and re-FTP'd etc. etc.

This happened after the last server failure - please see my earlier link for details if it helps someone remember the resolution.

I've updated my open ticket with the account details.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/06/10 at 18:29
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Seems to be working ok for me now.
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Things were going well - 100's of files FTP'd and a couple of sites back, but Server 8 seems to have gone missing again?

I guess there will be lots of others doing the same as me?

'Failure' email has arrived - thanks.
I have 13 accounts listed. It's a shame you don't list domains as well as sr numbers to save some poking around (I remember when Server 7 went, some of them took some digging!).

FWIW: The old server 2 message (that seems to have been re-woken earlier) on the status page could do with removing - it will only confuse people!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> FTP issue: Ticket 161072.
> FTP for my other sites seems to be fine so far.

Should be ok now. I just reset the password back to what it was already and logged in via FTP without any problems.
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
They're just about to be sent out, so you should receive an email tonight.
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:34
"Are you sure?"
FTP issue: Ticket 161072.
FTP for my other sites seems to be fine so far.

Can you say if the email will be tonight or tomorrow???

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> I've found 10 of my sites (so far) on this server - any idea when
> the email that documents failed accounts will be issued?

Soon, it's just being prepared.

> Also FTP is failing for one of my accounts (a very old one, but
> I'm using the MyFreeola details) - If you think everything should
> now be working I take it you'll want a Support Ticket with the
> details?

Yes please if you wouldn't mind.
Mon 14/06/10 at 17:26
"Are you sure?"
I've found 10 of my sites (so far) on this server - any idea when the email that documents failed accounts will be issued?

Also FTP is failing for one of my accounts (a very old one, but I'm using the MyFreeola details) - If you think everything should now be working I take it you'll want a Support Ticket with the details?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.