GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Web Server 8 unavailable."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/06/10 at 18:19
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
Could you please check out web server 8 (standard hosting) as my sites are currently unavailable.

HTTP fails, FTP still available.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/06/10 at 13:20
"Are you sure?"
Glad to read the data will be ok :¬)

NB. Your Service Status page currently shows 'Major Fault' against incoming email?
EDIT: Moved to 'web servers' - bit tricky that old Status page! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/06/10 at 12:11
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Of course we are!
Wed 16/06/10 at 11:41
"Are you sure?"
My server 8 sites are unavailable again!

FTP still working.

EDIT:
Back after a few minutes - hopefully you are monitoring things closely?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/06/10 at 15:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"

Kenny is, rather humorously, the name of our firewall. I have heard he often dies... :D

The work was done by ncrs I believe if you wanna know.
Tue 15/06/10 at 15:23
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> You other site also seems ok to me. It loads your own holding
> page.

Working for me now. Looks like someone called 'kenny' via Freeola intranet (amongst others) took a look :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/06/10 at 15:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It seems that the site is working without www. prefix at the moment. Still tryign to resolve the issue fully which will be done shortly.

I'll re-reply to the ticket after this has been done.
Tue 15/06/10 at 14:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You other site also seems ok to me. It loads your own holding page.
Tue 15/06/10 at 14:22
"Are you sure?"
Re. Hectic. That's why it makes sense to update your status page to stop any confusion :¬P

Re. Ticket. I replied to the ticket. I think you (as I can see a couple of you) may have been looking at the wrong domain.
My only outstanding issue is with one domain (see ticket) issuing 403's when I believe I have an index.htm in place (I keep checking the spelling!). As I mentioned earlier in this thread - one of my site's suffered an identical 403 problem after Web Server 7 was replaced the other month...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/06/10 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We are happy to take note of your suggestions Hmmm... trust me, but it is a wee bit hectic here at the moment as I am sure you can imagine. I will get the message removed if possible, and I have re-replied to your ticket just now.

I believe the server itself is under a lot of stress where customers are now re-uploading their sites, which may have caused some downtime this morning. As we were not notified of any outages though it's difficult for us to give a lot of information.
Tue 15/06/10 at 12:53
"Are you sure?"
Yes, it was this mornings outage that prompted that.
I was hoping perhaps Freeola were performing an un-documented re-boot rather than things going pear-shaped...?!

NB. Please see my open ticket 161072 which refers to a 403 error for one of my 'triv' sites (so it's not hurting me!).

I suggested removing the server 2 outage message (posted in error) on the Status page - guess that's just me though...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.