GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wind Waker related falling over..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 25/05/03 at 10:20
Regular
Recently, when I've finished a good play of Wind Waker, I find myself getting up to turn off the T.V, feeling really dizzy, and falling over. I really hurt myself once. This has happened about 5 times.

Anyone know why?
Sun 25/05/03 at 10:20
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Recently, when I've finished a good play of Wind Waker, I find myself getting up to turn off the T.V, feeling really dizzy, and falling over. I really hurt myself once. This has happened about 5 times.

Anyone know why?
Sun 25/05/03 at 10:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Are you playing for 15 hours at a time?

Oh, and congratulations on creating about the first topic in this forum that hasn't been accidently posted about 4 times. :-)
Sun 25/05/03 at 11:05
Regular
If this happen to you then maybe you should follow the instructions on the booklet in every game. They are:

For every 1 hour you play take a 15 minute break.

Now personally I never do that but I also have never had those problems. I think a 15 minute break will stop the game flow, but if your having such problems then you should do that.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:26
Regular
Is it warm where you play?

It may be related to your blood flow. If you stand up too quickly (after sitting for a while), especially when it's warm (changes how the blood is distributed around your body), it can sometimes cause too little blood to get to your brain, for upto maybe a minute or so.

It's often accompanied by a loss of balance and/or vision.
(Mine was, which is why I know about it)

Unless it's causing you particular problems, there's nothing to worry about. Just maybe take your time getting up, have short breaks to stand up and move about while playing, and I suppose keeping the room a little cooler (open a window) would help too.

However, it may not be this, and it may be more serious. I'd go see a doctor if I were you, better safe...
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:27
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah you should probably take some breaks.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:32
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
I think it is nauseia (sp)

It is due to the fact like car sickness. You sitting still BUT you are actually moving forward of whatever and this confuses the mind. Same thing with Zelda maybe your playing to the extent where you think Link (you) is actually moving. It happens to me on Prime. It just goes to show how well games now envelope you into its' environment. :P
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:35
Regular
Stop playing.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:39
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
as below
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:51
"period drama"
I do.

But only as I realise, once again, that the real world is dull and blurred in comparison.
Then I cry.

And when I've nothing left to cry, I sculpt.
I sculpt figurines from rainbow stone.

I put these in rooms to the right ... my right.

Or rooms to the left ... my left.

Or, occasionally, straight ahead. You can't miss it.

Then I cry some more, until my soul is sore with sadness and my eyes red from the emotional anguish of the real world, real lives, and the difference.
My body in this world, my heart in another.
I shall be ever torn between the two.
Never again whole.
This shell. This empty half-man.
Words cannot descibe my pain.

Farewell, children, farewell.
Sun 25/05/03 at 18:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
One time i stood up too fast and went blind for about 5 seconds.

Scary, but cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.