GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AVG anti virus?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/10 at 09:28
Regular
Does anyone use AVG anti virus?

I ask as lately it has been asking me to shut down and restart my PC after updates which it has never done before in the last 12 years,. it just seemed unusual behaviour to me and bit suspect ?

All 4 other anti virus/malware programs say the PC is clear. spybot s&d, malware bites, adaware, emisoft,emisoft anti malware.

Also

Which anti virus program do you use and are you happy with it?
Thu 03/06/10 at 11:51
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I have been using AVG (free) at home for a fair few years now and not really had a problem with it.

I think depending on what the update contains you may sometimes have to restart the computer for the updates to begin working - similar to the windows updates etc.

I wouldn't be too suspicious, there was a period when I had to restart after every update!

Good idea scanning the computer though - always pays to careful!

As a footnote - Warhunt has informed me AVG previously did not protect him very well when it needed to........

Although we sell the Eset Antivirus, we actually use it company wide. It doesn't slow the PC at all, it updates itself a few times a day - the only time I'm aware of it is when I'm told updates have completed!

Definitely one to look at if you're thinking of changing over.....
Thu 03/06/10 at 09:28
Regular
Does anyone use AVG anti virus?

I ask as lately it has been asking me to shut down and restart my PC after updates which it has never done before in the last 12 years,. it just seemed unusual behaviour to me and bit suspect ?

All 4 other anti virus/malware programs say the PC is clear. spybot s&d, malware bites, adaware, emisoft,emisoft anti malware.

Also

Which anti virus program do you use and are you happy with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.