GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal Championship Updates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Championship'.
Sun 25/05/03 at 14:51
Regular
If you have UC and XBOX Live 4 new levels and a patch can now be downloaded. The 4 levels are in fact very good, and the snow one is now my favourite.

But as for the patch. We where told Anti Aliasing would be a custom option - I see no such option. We where told auto aim would be a muator, so everyone has it or doesnt online. This has not changed. We where told a few other things, and apart from the link up gun abusment (which has thankfully been fixed) I have yet to see any other changes.

Anybody know whats going on?
Mon 26/05/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Oops forgot this wasn't my PC I'm on right now.... this guy was the one who told me about the forums, I'm round his at the moment for a bit of multiplayer Halo :) Got to go now.
Mon 26/05/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hedfix wrote:
> I wasn't complaining about LIVE. I can't wait to get it. I was just
> worried about how 'updates' might be used by developers.

Sorry, I didn't mean you!

Official Xbox Magazine interviewed someone at MS about this kind of worry back when the Unreal Update was announced. In Unreal's case the problems are all online related, and without a developer having a mass, costly, playtest program there would be no way to find all these loopholes that people exploited online.
Mon 26/05/03 at 02:49
Regular
"8==="
HALO Fan wrote:
> All developers for the Xbox have to comply with certain regulations
> and standards before they can release a game for the console, one of
> these set down clearly by Microsoft is that they cannot release an
> unfinished or badly bugged game.

I can see why EA have a diffcult relationship with Microsoft!
>
> Rant over, I'm sick of seeing people moaning in magazines about Live,
> not getting the downloadable content for games e.t.c.

I wasn't complaining about LIVE. I can't wait to get it. I was just worried about how 'updates' might be used by developers.
Sun 25/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Otaku"
All developers for the Xbox have to comply with certain regulations and standards before they can release a game for the console, one of these set down clearly by Microsoft is that they cannot release an unfinished or badly bugged game.

Online patches to improve games are no problem, after all those not on Xbox Live don't need the patch, and those on it have to have Broadband, in which case the download takes only seconds/minutes and is then stored on the hard drive. Unless someone has tons of music on the hard drive they'll not run out of space. I've got about 20 albums, saves for 23 games, Xbox Live and the updates e.t.c. on mine and it's still on 50000+ blocks left.

Even the new offline level for Splinter Cell isn't anything non Live users can complaint about not having access to. When they bought the game it clearly had the Xbox Live logo's on it, and that new content was downloadable. Xbox Live users have fronted their money for useing the network, hence they benefit from that.

I accept that some people cannot get Broadband even if they wanted it due to their physical location, and for many it is the cost alone, but it still comes down to the fact that UBI Soft made no attept to claim that you wouldn't need Live to download new stuff.

Rant over, I'm sick of seeing people moaning in magazines about Live, not getting the downloadable content for games e.t.c.
Sun 25/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
"8==="
Obviously bug fixing is good, but i'm concerned as to how PC this looks. I don't want my xbox games to go the way of PC games: needing constant updates. If they start releasing 'unfinished' games with loads of patches I'm going to be seriously annoyed.
Sun 25/05/03 at 19:59
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
RTCW has elimation and domination modes, where domination is when two teams battle for control of six flags on one map, the winner being the first to take all six or have the most at the end of the coutndown, but the main part of the game is in objective mode.

This is where one team needs to complete a task, such as blowing up an enemy gun/installation, or stealing the enemys documents and returning them to a transmitter room.

These are great for team play, and when you play on objective mode it just seems so much more balanced and playable than UC
Sun 25/05/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Otaku"
This was posted on the Official Forum, detailing exactly what the patch does do and fix,

1) The T.A.G. Rifle exploit.
2) The Rocket Launcher exploit.
3) All known map exploits.
4) The auto-aim exploit.
5) The novice bot, stats exploit.
6) The message: "No AA" now denotes a server that has auto-aim disabled.
7) The ‘ghost-flag’ exploit, in CTF matches.
8) Joining full servers: UC now checks if there is room in the game... before loading the map.
9) Resolved an occasional crash when joining a friend's match.
10) Resolved issues with Max Players & Private Slots.
11) Players will now receive 1-point of damage when impeding lifts.
12) The translocator disc will return to the gun, if it impedes a lift.
13) Players can no longer utilize the translocator, to pass through world geometry.
14) Anti-aliasing is now disabled by default. To enable it, depress both thumbsticks simultaneously during the initial UC intro video sequence.
15) Team-balancing fixed. The message "Teams Unbalanced", will show up briefly during an existing match, if the teams become unbalanced.

So AA is disable by default unless you do the thing with the thumbsticks, and auto aim is a server option.
Sun 25/05/03 at 15:05
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
I think AA has now been permantently switched off, but Ive just given up with this game and sold it, due to RTCW being so much better for team player and balanced game mechanics

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.