GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reccomendations"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/05/03 at 14:40
Regular
If you were to reccomend any GC game, which would it be?
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:40
"!Basement Clucking!"
If you were to reccomend any GC game, which would it be?
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:43
Regular
Zelda
Metroid
Skies of Arcadia

Last you a while those 3.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
Zelda
Metroid Prime
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Super Monkey Ball
Skies of Arcadia
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Eternal Darkness

etc etc

Did you really expect me to recommend only one?
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:49
"!Basement Clucking!"
lol, well im definatly getting Zelda and i can get another, MAYBE 2 more. Just not sure which. ALthough that Pikmin does take my fancy.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:53
"!Basement Clucking!"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Alter Ego wrote:
> lol, well im definatly getting Zelda and i can get another, MAYBE 2
> more. Just not sure which. ALthough that Pikmin does take my
> fancy.
>
> Pikmin is only £20 and worth EVERY penny. It is a bit
> short...but at a 1/2 price like that, you could get it and SSBM or
> Luigi as well for the price of one £40 game!

I like the way this man thinks.
Tue 27/05/03 at 15:05
Regular
If you're after a scary title, choose Eternal Darkness over Resident Evil. While Resi is scary at first, Eternal Darkness just seems to get scarier. Not only do the sound effects leave you feeling a bit unsettled, but the big sanity effects are the best, especially the ones that were created to directly affect you and not your character, it will slowly unnerve you and you'll end up as a gibbering wreck.

As for adventure games, you're spoilt for choice with both Zelda and Metroid. Personally, I'd choose Metroid, but it depends what you kind of game you like. If you completely loved the Zelda series, you may prefer a look at Zelda, but Prime is that bit more atmospheric and there are so many touches that you just can't resist.

FPS' is simple - go for TimeSplitters 2. No matter what format, this reigns supreme with it's wealth of mini-games (which should keep you playing months, if not years) and the huge amount of variety with the challenge and story modes.

RPGs is, again, simple. It seems to be Skies of Arcadia. Whilst I haven't got it yet, I'll tell you what it's like when I get it. If you're a bit shallow and you want something to show off about, it may not be the best choice, but games like Lost Kingdoms and Phantasy Star Online don't really show what the GameCube can do either, do they?

The GameCube doesn't really have many racing games, but the ones that it does have are pretty good. Extreme G3 is amazing and highly superior to it's PS2 sister. But, from the looks of things, Burnout 2 would probably be your best choice. Again, I'll tell you more about it when I get it, but there's plent of people on these forums who have said it's an amazing game, even though it is a bit on the short side.

one game i'd have to give the thumbs up would be Super Monkey Ball 2. It's great for multiplayer and the main is a pretty tough challenge too.

Hope that helps.
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Super Mario Sunshine
TimeSplitters 2
Super Monkey Ball 2
Burnout 2: Point Of Impact
Pikmin
Conflict: Desert Storm
Metroid Prime
Wave Race: Blue Storm

I've narrowed it down to the 10 games you should own. :-)
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:27
Regular
These are good GC games

Splinter Cell
Zelda
Metroid Prime
Burnout 2-A lot better than the original
Timesplitters 2
Super Monkey Ball

Etc
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
The top three GC games in my opinion:

Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:07
"!Basement Clucking!"
Ok I managed to get a deal giving me: A platinum GC, Platinum controller, memory card, Zelda WW (plus bonus dvd, OOT and the unreleased Mystic quest or something *shrugs*), Super Mario Sunshine and Burnout 2 for £180, not too bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.