GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much do web designers get paid?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/01 at 16:26
Regular
At GCSE I am currently taking IT, Electronics and Business Studies. I have been thinking of jobs that relate with each subject and looking at the well paid jobs.

So how much do web designers get paid?
Mon 29/10/01 at 17:16
Regular
""
Depends on your experience and qualifications.

With work experience, a degree and some example work the average grad wage is between 15-20k these days. (thats now, in a couple of years its likely to change obviously).

I'd advise getting a degree. I wouldn't normally give someone an interview who was that age and didn't have one (but thats a personal thing). And then lots of good example work shows you're keen.

But you've got to think... In a couple of years time who won't have a webpage already. Not everyone is going to be wanting a new website every week. It's the same in the US. All these companies making PC's - they're all going pear-shaped because people aren't changing their PC every month. It had to happen eventually. The market will becoming saturated.

If you were asking me for career advice for I'd think more long-term and think about providing longer term web solutions, rather than just designing them...

What does everyone else think?
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:45
Regular
OK thanks, back to the sketching board for CJC.
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
not as much as you'd think unless youre really good.
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:26
Regular
At GCSE I am currently taking IT, Electronics and Business Studies. I have been thinking of jobs that relate with each subject and looking at the well paid jobs.

So how much do web designers get paid?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.