GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i saw this thing on watcdog about........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
ps2's the say that they keep going wrong and keep coming up whith DISK READ ERROR! thats what happend to mine, i got a refrbished one, and then it said when you get a referbished one after 10 months it does the same thing.so i mite get an x-box.
Sat 31/05/03 at 08:08
I have gone through at least eight PS2 they are a shoddily made console, especially if you compare it to a similarly priced DVD player. The draw feels cheap and insecure.

But in saying that Sony customer services have always been helpful and the four or five times replaced my PS2 with brand new consoles.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:18
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Due to a crap laser isn't it?

Anyway, if it was a Sega machine we wouldn't have this problem. Sega were good enough to avoid producing crap PAL conversions so I bet they would have fixed this problem when it arose.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:17
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Due to a crap laser isn't it?

Anyway, if it was a Sega machine we wouldn't have this problem. Sega were good enough to avoid producing crap PAL conversions so I bet they would have been fixed this problem when it arose.
Fri 30/05/03 at 19:52
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
they also said that sony know what it is that is going wrong but they just cant be bothered to fix'em.
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:06
But the lack of reliability is what has been driving the sales for the last two years, how can they change it?

Besides, Sony are working on new consoles now, not much point in going back and fixing old problems. Mainly because for Sony it hasn't been a problem at all.

Heh, and people say Nintendo rip-off their customers. Truth is, all of the manufacturers do to some extent.
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:57
Regular
Yeah happened with me 3 months AFTER the warranty - kinda p*ssed with this - Surely if this is happening frequently Sony have to do something about it cos it is unfair on us who spend £100 odd quid on the machine and it keeps breaking

N E One Agree?
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
ps2's the say that they keep going wrong and keep coming up whith DISK READ ERROR! thats what happend to mine, i got a refrbished one, and then it said when you get a referbished one after 10 months it does the same thing.so i mite get an x-box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.