GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
As the Gamecube follows the N64 down the route of a small money making machine it looks like, at last, someone at Nintendo HQ bothers to research the game forums.

We're unhappy, and at last, Iwati, our new friend at the head of Nintendo HQ, plans to change their image. DAMN!

Creating ties with third parties, beginning new franchises and selling new Nintendo ideals. That is the job of the Gamecube, because it is the next Gamecube and the $6 billion investment that will rise Nintendo back to the top.

The new franchises begins with N-trance's geist, going on the back of the new Pikmin game... we'll probably never play a new Nintendo game that features cutsey characters (erm Giftipia?).

It is a damnable shame to see Nintendo desire to push themselves to the top via catching the imagination of the market. Expect a GBASP looking games machine and brand new violent games developed by Nintendo and third parties alike. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario and a game from Retro Studio's being the main launch titles.

Why do we get Metal Gear Solid and The Sims? These aren't sodding Nintendo games. Nintendo are finally selling out to gain success in the market, and despite being glad their doing it, I'm also dissapointed. Nintendo are not a mass market company, they're alternative. My favourite company is selling out... and whose fault is it? Ours because we told them too.

What Nintendo need to do is a launch a marketing campaign selling the idea of Nintendo. In todays day and age a lot of people strive to be different "alternative" as it were. A campaign that shows Nintendo are different to Sony is an excellent idea. Some guy telling the screen how his friends buy realistic games, and then saying "where's the fun?", I'd much rather jump ten times my body height... etc... with clips of the games he's describing.

Be Different...

Nintendo.

That is what it's all about... don't sell out Nintendo, I still love you.

Dringo.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
As the Gamecube follows the N64 down the route of a small money making machine it looks like, at last, someone at Nintendo HQ bothers to research the game forums.

We're unhappy, and at last, Iwati, our new friend at the head of Nintendo HQ, plans to change their image. DAMN!

Creating ties with third parties, beginning new franchises and selling new Nintendo ideals. That is the job of the Gamecube, because it is the next Gamecube and the $6 billion investment that will rise Nintendo back to the top.

The new franchises begins with N-trance's geist, going on the back of the new Pikmin game... we'll probably never play a new Nintendo game that features cutsey characters (erm Giftipia?).

It is a damnable shame to see Nintendo desire to push themselves to the top via catching the imagination of the market. Expect a GBASP looking games machine and brand new violent games developed by Nintendo and third parties alike. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario and a game from Retro Studio's being the main launch titles.

Why do we get Metal Gear Solid and The Sims? These aren't sodding Nintendo games. Nintendo are finally selling out to gain success in the market, and despite being glad their doing it, I'm also dissapointed. Nintendo are not a mass market company, they're alternative. My favourite company is selling out... and whose fault is it? Ours because we told them too.

What Nintendo need to do is a launch a marketing campaign selling the idea of Nintendo. In todays day and age a lot of people strive to be different "alternative" as it were. A campaign that shows Nintendo are different to Sony is an excellent idea. Some guy telling the screen how his friends buy realistic games, and then saying "where's the fun?", I'd much rather jump ten times my body height... etc... with clips of the games he's describing.

Be Different...

Nintendo.

That is what it's all about... don't sell out Nintendo, I still love you.

Dringo.
Fri 30/05/03 at 17:12
Regular
New Nintendo huh? Well if they make mature games, a better advertising campaign but carry on still producing mario,zelda,metroid and all the other classics along with the mature games I think the new Nintendo will be great!
Fri 30/05/03 at 17:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
bang bang KASPLOW i hope the new nitnedo do games WITH GUNZ!!!

*dribbles*
*plays PS2*
Fri 30/05/03 at 17:57
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nintendo need GTA.

Imagine if the GameCube got GTA exclusively.

hahaha.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:12
Regular
Nintendo try to go alternative with the 'different' shape and colour of the Gamecube, if I remember correctly they were going for the niche market like VW Beetles and stuff
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:12
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
err... I hate the idea I want alternative!! but in this market it doesnt sell. Nintendo sold its soul
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:52
"!Basement Clucking!"
So...i see a few of the Ninty's who ranted about 'looking past the image and concentrating on the games themselves' now have there pantaloons in a twist because of an image change? Whats that word...ah yes, hypocritical.
Fri 30/05/03 at 19:36
Regular
er what?
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:21
Regular
Alter Ego wrote:
> So...i see a few of the Ninty's who ranted about 'looking past the
> image and concentrating on the games themselves' now have there
> pantaloons in a twist because of an image change? Whats that
> word...ah yes, hypocritical.

No you see as far as the majority of us are concerned, Nintendo's image is fine. It's just in the long run, it doesn't appeal to the mass market so a change image is what Nintendo needs if it wants to stay in the buisness, which is all good for everyone.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:25
Regular
Alter Ego wrote:
> So...i see a few of the Ninty's who ranted about 'looking past the
> image and concentrating on the games themselves' now have there
> pantaloons in a twist because of an image change? Whats that
> word...ah yes, hypocritical.

Nooo, what we mean is, people should look past the kiddy image and enjoy the games they make. THey're changing their image (and games by doing so), which means less of the games we always loved. I think. I didn't really understand the topic's first post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.