GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jammy Man Utd do it again!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 10:31
Regular
As a Leeds fan I was extremely annoyed at the 1-1 scoreline yesterday. Though we still got a point out of it I feel it should have been more and would have been if it wasn't for that super-sub Solskjaer.

It was a brilliant game, action packed from the first minute. On two minutes David Beckham neary made it 1-0 to Man Utd with a superb effort from a free kick which Nigel Martyn replied with an excellent parry. This was then followed by a comfortable save from Ryan Giggs and a David Beckham shot which swerved over the cross bar.

Leeds first chance came in the from an Ian Harte free kick. He drove it low but was comfortably saved by Fabien Barthez.

As Man Utd dominated the first 25 mins, more chances fell their way. Ryan Gigs was sent through by Veron but even Gigg's electric pace couldn't beat that of Rio Ferdinands as he covered well. Nicky Butt was probably the worst culprit as he fired over from 15 yards, though was closed down by two Leeds defenders.

As expected Leeds were creating very few chances but did manage a good chance to score. Harry Kewell did he usual tricks to get down the left wing and cross into the area. Unfortuantely it was met by Mark Viduka falling backwards and ended up tamely floating into Barthez's arms.

Then the chance of the whole match fell to Mark Viduka of Leeds. As Gary Neville stood there with his hand up for offside Viduka was clean through with only Barthez to beat. He rushed his shot and hit it low into the side netting. A much wasted opportunity for Leeds to go ahead, and Viduka knew it.

Soon after was a great opportunity for Man Utd as Giggs crossed only for Beckham to roll the ball onto the post with Martyn stranded. Beckham the charged down the rebound which resulted in a Leeds goal kick.

A lovely flighted pass from Ferdinand put Kewell the wrong side of Blanc but his long range volley flew over the bar.

The half ended with Beckham wasting yet another Man Utd chance. As he took a free-kick on the left wing it would have been better for him to cross and not shoot. His shot flew over the bar and failed to trouble Nigel Martyn.

HALF-TIME 0-0

The second half started as lively as the first.

Amazingly Paul Scholes got booked within 4 seconds of the restart after lunging in on Dacourt and completely missing the ball.

A minute later Leeds should have scored. Robbie Keanes superb skill left him open to cross a ball to Viduka. Viduka failed to finish and could not get his head to the rebound. Everyone was wondering if any team would score.

Both teams were defending well with Giggs testing Danny Mills but the Leeds right back stood firm both times.

The game was turning into a bad-tempered affair as David Beckham was crowded out by three Leeds players Dacourt came out with the ball but Beckham stpidly tripped Robbie Keane over. Equally stupidly Keane got up and shoved Beckham over. Both players received a yellow card only.

2 minutes later, Leeds were awarded a freekick 25 yards out. It was the wrong side for Ian Harte so Robbie Keane stepped up to take it. As the Man Utd wall was still being organised he beautifully curled the ball into the top corner, only for Dermot Gallagher to rule the goal out as he hadn't blown his whistle. The proper free kick was blasted over in frustration by Keane.

Keane again provided an opportunity for Leeds as he weaved throught the Man Utd defence only to see his shot easily saved by Barthez.

On the other side of the pitch van Nistelrooy saw his tap-in ruled out for offside, a correct decision.

At last a goal came. As Kewell taunted the Man Utd defence once more he found Ian Harte in support and his cross perfectly bounced for Mark Viduka to volley home. There was a suspicion of offside and this was confirmed as Viduka looked a few inches off on TV replays.

0-1

As expected Leeds came under immense pressure from the Man Utd attack.

On 88 minutes super sub Solskjaer popped up to make it 1-1. As Leeds allowed Ryan Giggs to cross the ball Solsjkaer jumped higher than Ian Harte and headed the ball brilliantly into the far corner. He was there to do it again.

1-1

Nigel Martyn saved Leeds from a defeat at the end as he a made a superb save from van Nistelrooy's header.

The game ended 1-1 and everyone was satisfied. It was the right score as both teams played evenly throughout the game.

FULL TIME 1-1

Leeds Utd Team:

Nigel Martyn 8
Danny Mills 7
Rio Ferdinand 8
Dominic Matteo 7
Ian Harte 7
Lee Bowyer 7
Olivier Dacourt 7
Eirik Bakke 6
Harry Kewell 7
Robbie Keane 9
Mark Viduka 7
Subs:
David Batty (on for Keane) 7
Alan Smith (on for Kewell) 6

Man Utd Team:
Fabien Barthez 7
Gary Neville 7
Wes Brown 7
Laurent Blanc 7
Mickael Silvestre 7
David Beckham 8
Juan Sebastian Veron 7
Nicky Butt 6
Ryan Giggs 8
Paul Scholes 7
Ruud van Nistelrooy 7
Subs:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (on for Butt) 8

Attendance 67,555
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Pro Evo wrote:
> The Man U v Leeds match was on Sky tv. All Premiership games that are shown live
> are on Sky though you can watch the Highlights on ITV on saturdays at 7pm.

Ok, thanks Pro Evo. I don't have Sky Sports, but I have some of the channels. I like to call it the self-proclaimed "Rockbottom Package", as it's the bottom of the line, cheapskate package. You get all of the news channels (which are free-to-air anyway) and then you get the general entertainment channels (like Sky One), the kiddies / teenagers entertainment channels (like Nikelodeon). I really, really wish that I had the movies and sport, as they are some of the best channels on Sky. They have Gladiator on soon, or was it on yesterday. Have you got Sky Sports Pro Evo? It looks like I'll have to check out the highlights on Saturdays at 7pm then. Just 2 questions, how long are the highlights of each match and what is the programme called. Thanks.

You're all so friendly on here. Are there any strange people I should know about or any rules I need to follow? Thanks again in anticipation.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The Man U v Leeds match was on Sky tv. All Premiership games that are shown live are on Sky though you can watch the Highlights on ITV on saturdays at 7pm.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:42
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Excellent match report Dave From Ilson. I shall be sure to get into football now and watch it at as many chances as I can get. By the way, what channel was it on? Was it on terrestrial televison or satellite? Or, did you go to see it live? Sorry about the vast array of questions there. I'm new here - sorry! I really don't like either team but I would be rooting for Leeds all the way. Man U are a little too mainstream for me and a little too "corporate" or "advertised". They thought that a grey shirt was unlucky, which seems a little superstiscious to me. Superstiscious people normally don't have many friends (or in this case fans). Wait, that's getting off the point. Leeds are much more my style. They are underdogs (much like me my entire life) and they aren't sell outs (in my opinion). They will stay loyal to the fans (well, for the moment anyway). I'm sure though, if they were offered the same opportunities as Man U, that they would take it, adding them to the list of self-proclaimed "sell outs". I would have predicted a win by Man U, and so they did. I do remember one rather comical match, where Totenham Hotspur beat Man U. That was back in 1997, but still, a great time for Man U haters, such as myself.
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:36
Regular
"360: swfcman"
It was a really good game, better than i thought it would be. Man U dominated really though, they seemed to be to the ball first all the time and kept the pressure on all the time. But Leeds really showed off what they can do, and how dangerous they can be, and how much they are.

I was really hoping for a Leeds win, and thought it was made once they were 1 up. All through the match Leeds back 4 played very well, but they should really have done better to mark Ole, though it was a good header.

1 point at Old traford is still a very good result, and now that 3 of the hard teams to play are out of the way for the time being, Leeds have the perfect chance of setting themselves up for the title.
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:31
As a Leeds fan I was extremely annoyed at the 1-1 scoreline yesterday. Though we still got a point out of it I feel it should have been more and would have been if it wasn't for that super-sub Solskjaer.

It was a brilliant game, action packed from the first minute. On two minutes David Beckham neary made it 1-0 to Man Utd with a superb effort from a free kick which Nigel Martyn replied with an excellent parry. This was then followed by a comfortable save from Ryan Giggs and a David Beckham shot which swerved over the cross bar.

Leeds first chance came in the from an Ian Harte free kick. He drove it low but was comfortably saved by Fabien Barthez.

As Man Utd dominated the first 25 mins, more chances fell their way. Ryan Gigs was sent through by Veron but even Gigg's electric pace couldn't beat that of Rio Ferdinands as he covered well. Nicky Butt was probably the worst culprit as he fired over from 15 yards, though was closed down by two Leeds defenders.

As expected Leeds were creating very few chances but did manage a good chance to score. Harry Kewell did he usual tricks to get down the left wing and cross into the area. Unfortuantely it was met by Mark Viduka falling backwards and ended up tamely floating into Barthez's arms.

Then the chance of the whole match fell to Mark Viduka of Leeds. As Gary Neville stood there with his hand up for offside Viduka was clean through with only Barthez to beat. He rushed his shot and hit it low into the side netting. A much wasted opportunity for Leeds to go ahead, and Viduka knew it.

Soon after was a great opportunity for Man Utd as Giggs crossed only for Beckham to roll the ball onto the post with Martyn stranded. Beckham the charged down the rebound which resulted in a Leeds goal kick.

A lovely flighted pass from Ferdinand put Kewell the wrong side of Blanc but his long range volley flew over the bar.

The half ended with Beckham wasting yet another Man Utd chance. As he took a free-kick on the left wing it would have been better for him to cross and not shoot. His shot flew over the bar and failed to trouble Nigel Martyn.

HALF-TIME 0-0

The second half started as lively as the first.

Amazingly Paul Scholes got booked within 4 seconds of the restart after lunging in on Dacourt and completely missing the ball.

A minute later Leeds should have scored. Robbie Keanes superb skill left him open to cross a ball to Viduka. Viduka failed to finish and could not get his head to the rebound. Everyone was wondering if any team would score.

Both teams were defending well with Giggs testing Danny Mills but the Leeds right back stood firm both times.

The game was turning into a bad-tempered affair as David Beckham was crowded out by three Leeds players Dacourt came out with the ball but Beckham stpidly tripped Robbie Keane over. Equally stupidly Keane got up and shoved Beckham over. Both players received a yellow card only.

2 minutes later, Leeds were awarded a freekick 25 yards out. It was the wrong side for Ian Harte so Robbie Keane stepped up to take it. As the Man Utd wall was still being organised he beautifully curled the ball into the top corner, only for Dermot Gallagher to rule the goal out as he hadn't blown his whistle. The proper free kick was blasted over in frustration by Keane.

Keane again provided an opportunity for Leeds as he weaved throught the Man Utd defence only to see his shot easily saved by Barthez.

On the other side of the pitch van Nistelrooy saw his tap-in ruled out for offside, a correct decision.

At last a goal came. As Kewell taunted the Man Utd defence once more he found Ian Harte in support and his cross perfectly bounced for Mark Viduka to volley home. There was a suspicion of offside and this was confirmed as Viduka looked a few inches off on TV replays.

0-1

As expected Leeds came under immense pressure from the Man Utd attack.

On 88 minutes super sub Solskjaer popped up to make it 1-1. As Leeds allowed Ryan Giggs to cross the ball Solsjkaer jumped higher than Ian Harte and headed the ball brilliantly into the far corner. He was there to do it again.

1-1

Nigel Martyn saved Leeds from a defeat at the end as he a made a superb save from van Nistelrooy's header.

The game ended 1-1 and everyone was satisfied. It was the right score as both teams played evenly throughout the game.

FULL TIME 1-1

Leeds Utd Team:

Nigel Martyn 8
Danny Mills 7
Rio Ferdinand 8
Dominic Matteo 7
Ian Harte 7
Lee Bowyer 7
Olivier Dacourt 7
Eirik Bakke 6
Harry Kewell 7
Robbie Keane 9
Mark Viduka 7
Subs:
David Batty (on for Keane) 7
Alan Smith (on for Kewell) 6

Man Utd Team:
Fabien Barthez 7
Gary Neville 7
Wes Brown 7
Laurent Blanc 7
Mickael Silvestre 7
David Beckham 8
Juan Sebastian Veron 7
Nicky Butt 6
Ryan Giggs 8
Paul Scholes 7
Ruud van Nistelrooy 7
Subs:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (on for Butt) 8

Attendance 67,555

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.