GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jammy Man Utd do it again!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 10:31
Regular
As a Leeds fan I was extremely annoyed at the 1-1 scoreline yesterday. Though we still got a point out of it I feel it should have been more and would have been if it wasn't for that super-sub Solskjaer.

It was a brilliant game, action packed from the first minute. On two minutes David Beckham neary made it 1-0 to Man Utd with a superb effort from a free kick which Nigel Martyn replied with an excellent parry. This was then followed by a comfortable save from Ryan Giggs and a David Beckham shot which swerved over the cross bar.

Leeds first chance came in the from an Ian Harte free kick. He drove it low but was comfortably saved by Fabien Barthez.

As Man Utd dominated the first 25 mins, more chances fell their way. Ryan Gigs was sent through by Veron but even Gigg's electric pace couldn't beat that of Rio Ferdinands as he covered well. Nicky Butt was probably the worst culprit as he fired over from 15 yards, though was closed down by two Leeds defenders.

As expected Leeds were creating very few chances but did manage a good chance to score. Harry Kewell did he usual tricks to get down the left wing and cross into the area. Unfortuantely it was met by Mark Viduka falling backwards and ended up tamely floating into Barthez's arms.

Then the chance of the whole match fell to Mark Viduka of Leeds. As Gary Neville stood there with his hand up for offside Viduka was clean through with only Barthez to beat. He rushed his shot and hit it low into the side netting. A much wasted opportunity for Leeds to go ahead, and Viduka knew it.

Soon after was a great opportunity for Man Utd as Giggs crossed only for Beckham to roll the ball onto the post with Martyn stranded. Beckham the charged down the rebound which resulted in a Leeds goal kick.

A lovely flighted pass from Ferdinand put Kewell the wrong side of Blanc but his long range volley flew over the bar.

The half ended with Beckham wasting yet another Man Utd chance. As he took a free-kick on the left wing it would have been better for him to cross and not shoot. His shot flew over the bar and failed to trouble Nigel Martyn.

HALF-TIME 0-0

The second half started as lively as the first.

Amazingly Paul Scholes got booked within 4 seconds of the restart after lunging in on Dacourt and completely missing the ball.

A minute later Leeds should have scored. Robbie Keanes superb skill left him open to cross a ball to Viduka. Viduka failed to finish and could not get his head to the rebound. Everyone was wondering if any team would score.

Both teams were defending well with Giggs testing Danny Mills but the Leeds right back stood firm both times.

The game was turning into a bad-tempered affair as David Beckham was crowded out by three Leeds players Dacourt came out with the ball but Beckham stpidly tripped Robbie Keane over. Equally stupidly Keane got up and shoved Beckham over. Both players received a yellow card only.

2 minutes later, Leeds were awarded a freekick 25 yards out. It was the wrong side for Ian Harte so Robbie Keane stepped up to take it. As the Man Utd wall was still being organised he beautifully curled the ball into the top corner, only for Dermot Gallagher to rule the goal out as he hadn't blown his whistle. The proper free kick was blasted over in frustration by Keane.

Keane again provided an opportunity for Leeds as he weaved throught the Man Utd defence only to see his shot easily saved by Barthez.

On the other side of the pitch van Nistelrooy saw his tap-in ruled out for offside, a correct decision.

At last a goal came. As Kewell taunted the Man Utd defence once more he found Ian Harte in support and his cross perfectly bounced for Mark Viduka to volley home. There was a suspicion of offside and this was confirmed as Viduka looked a few inches off on TV replays.

0-1

As expected Leeds came under immense pressure from the Man Utd attack.

On 88 minutes super sub Solskjaer popped up to make it 1-1. As Leeds allowed Ryan Giggs to cross the ball Solsjkaer jumped higher than Ian Harte and headed the ball brilliantly into the far corner. He was there to do it again.

1-1

Nigel Martyn saved Leeds from a defeat at the end as he a made a superb save from van Nistelrooy's header.

The game ended 1-1 and everyone was satisfied. It was the right score as both teams played evenly throughout the game.

FULL TIME 1-1

Leeds Utd Team:

Nigel Martyn 8
Danny Mills 7
Rio Ferdinand 8
Dominic Matteo 7
Ian Harte 7
Lee Bowyer 7
Olivier Dacourt 7
Eirik Bakke 6
Harry Kewell 7
Robbie Keane 9
Mark Viduka 7
Subs:
David Batty (on for Keane) 7
Alan Smith (on for Kewell) 6

Man Utd Team:
Fabien Barthez 7
Gary Neville 7
Wes Brown 7
Laurent Blanc 7
Mickael Silvestre 7
David Beckham 8
Juan Sebastian Veron 7
Nicky Butt 6
Ryan Giggs 8
Paul Scholes 7
Ruud van Nistelrooy 7
Subs:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (on for Butt) 8

Attendance 67,555
Mon 29/10/01 at 20:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Dave From Ilson wrote:
> Ortega would you please give a non-biased review of the game next time. Are are
> you too blind to see that Leeds had chances aswell?

Yes, Leeds had chances - but you can't deny that man utd totally dominated the first 25 mins or so. It was only after that that it was a close fight.

And who knows what would have happened if you only had ten men....

By the way, did you know that that ref (his name has slipped my mind) has been demoted to reffing nationwide games because he didn't send Keane off?
Mon 29/10/01 at 19:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah, it was not the best defending, and they really should have hung on to the 3 points, but you cant complain with a 1-1 draw against Man U.
Mon 29/10/01 at 19:27
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
As a leeds fan i'm devastated with that 1-1 draw on saturday.I blame Harte for letting solsjaer have that free space.
Mon 29/10/01 at 19:23
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
As a Leeds fan i'm devastated with that 1-1 draw on saturday. i blame Ian Harte for letting Solksjaer have that free space
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:37
Ortega would you please give a non-biased review of the game next time. Are are you too blind to see that Leeds had chances aswell?
Sun 28/10/01 at 23:45
Regular
Jammy Man Utd? We would have won that game had it not been for a world class save by Martyn from Van Nistelrooy's Header.

Also Blanc should have hit the target with his free header in the dying seconds of the match.

Personally I feel Man Utd should have been a few goals up in the first half. And its a flippin joke Keane didnt get sent off, considering what Ince got sent off for.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Dave From Ilson wrote:
> Yes, no swearing and be nice to everyone. Some people have got banned before but
> if you stick to the rules there should not be any problems!

Ok, thanks for that welcoming to the forums. I will be on here for a few hours each day, so hello everyone! I hope to do some great posts and read some great ones too and maybe win a few games or DVD's along the way too! Thanks again. R@ckstar.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:01
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yes. Beckham's tackle was plain stupid and maybe another ref would have given a red card but the Robbie Keane was lucky that he didn't get fined!

You should change the title to "Amazing Man Utd do it again!!!" :o)
Sun 28/10/01 at 17:57
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
I am A leeds fan and i'm devastated with that 1-1 draw with Man.U. We were holding on by our fingertips and let them score.

Jack stephenson
Sun 28/10/01 at 16:04
Yes, no swearing and be nice to everyone. Some people have got banned before but if you stick to the rules there should not be any problems!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.