GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japanese FFXII (yes, 12....twelve) release date"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 20:05
Regular
Forgot to post this when I first heard it, so here it is now.

Apparently the planned Japanese release date is the second half of the fiscal year - beginning of October 2003 to end of March 2004. Now, if it makes this at all it'll be at the very end, I'm guessing.

But when will it reach us? Depends. FFX took a whole year to get from Japan to PAL territories, so that might be a guide. Although, we don't know if they're including voice overs this time...

So, my prediction is mid-2005. Anyone else?
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Forgot to post this when I first heard it, so here it is now.

Apparently the planned Japanese release date is the second half of the fiscal year - beginning of October 2003 to end of March 2004. Now, if it makes this at all it'll be at the very end, I'm guessing.

But when will it reach us? Depends. FFX took a whole year to get from Japan to PAL territories, so that might be a guide. Although, we don't know if they're including voice overs this time...

So, my prediction is mid-2005. Anyone else?
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My guess is like you said mid-2005 so either it'll be one of the last games on the PS2 or a launch title for the PS3
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I never thought of it like that. At this rate it will be the last Final Fantasy for PS2...and we only just had the first!
Sat 31/05/03 at 09:40
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
To be honest, I don't really care when it comes out in Japan - I wanna know when it's out HERE.

Yes, I'm a selfish goit, I know :OD
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:05
Regular
I think you should expect it earlier than 2005, Square-Enix are starting to slowly realise the value of the European market as the Jap games market slows down.

Midway through 2004 I reckon is a good bet.
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You're having a laugh aren't you? I don't think we'll have a chance of seeing it in 2004. FFX took twelve months to get here, and the crew took one month off in that. If this game includes voices, expect 11 months or longer. Even if it doesn't include voices it won't be much less.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:39
"!Basement Clucking!"
Well FFX-2 (if it makes the November release) only took about 6 months (was released in March in Japan) and it has voice overs, so dont be so sure about mid 2005.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
May 2005 for European release of FFXII sounds about right given the timescale of FFX, but maybe their sound recording procedures would be more ergonomic now that they've already got the experience of doing FFX behind them. So December 2004 might not be too unrealistic.

Whether it gets released at all is another matter, Konami chickened out altogether with Suikoden 3's European launch, saying that it would cost too much to translate for such a 'niche market'. Square-Enix might think along the same lines if another contender for RPG-gamer's hearts gets released in the intervening months. Titles like Star Wars: Galaxies and EverQuest Online Adventures are due out before 2004, but these, to be fair, are online console games, but Capcom's Breath of Fire V isn't, nor are a few others due out like .Hack and Gladius.

Only the die-hard Final Fantasy fans would dispute this reasoning for FFXII not getting a European release, but you can be sure that Square-Enix are taking a headcount of exactly how many of them are left in Europe.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This type of news about the likes of Suikoden 3 not getting released over here and FF12 maybe not getting released depending how other games perform make me very glad i am able to import games from North America to play on my PS2
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:55
"!Basement Clucking!"
As much as i see your point, The FF series is alot more recognised in Europe than Suikoden and Breath Of Fire. Plus FF is considered one of the PS2's 'Big' games. Im not sure when itl make it, but im pretty sure it will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.